Telogen Effluvium Or male pattern baldness? Need Info From Someone

Brandon thomas

My Regimen
Reaction score
22 years old male. Always had a full thick of hair with deep natural waves. All of a sudden hair starts falling out like crazy with some extreme itchiness also. My father claims he didn't start losing hair until he turned 40. Hair overall is not as thick as it use to be but no receding hairline for some reason. I know it has been a stressful year with 2 family members passin away but idk if that can actually cause me to lose hair. Hair also falls out a lot on some days with white bulbs at the end. Is this Telogen Effluvium or male pattern baldness?

Attachments

• IMG_0008.PNG
    IMG_0008.PNG
    738.7 KB · Views: 466

Maxima

My Regimen
Reaction score
Telogen Effluvium would be caused by hormones changing. Anything new in your life? Steroids, medications?

Brandon thomas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two family members passed away earlier in the year a couple months before the shedding started. It caused a lot of stress and dark days for me honestly, but idk if that has something to do with it.

Brandon thomas

My Regimen
Reaction score
But this shedding has been going on since about April or may...it has slowed down some but I continue to shed lots of hairs daily. The good thing is that the itchiness and discomfort has totally slowed down compared to around June-July when it was very rapid with the discomfort.

Brandon thomas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is more current pictures of the shedding aftermath. Does this look like Telogen Effluvium to someone that is knowledgeable?

Attachments

• IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 369