Telogen Effluvium On Dutasteride, Or Rapid male pattern baldness Progression?

Rocco M

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am 34 and recently switched to dutasteride after 5 years on finasteride with good results.

About 2 months after making the change, my left temple basically become a clump of short hairs that extends way back. They don't seem miniaturized, but their growth seems stunted.

Is this likely an effluvium from the hormonal response to dutasteride? Or is it possible that my temples could have thinned out in two months, ironically, right after beginning dutasteride?

Note the last photo is from 2 weeks after starting dutasteride, the first two photos are after two months on dutasteride.

Attachments

• IMG_0425.PNG
    IMG_0425.PNG
    624.1 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_0424.PNG
    IMG_0424.PNG
    502.7 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_0426.PNG
    IMG_0426.PNG
    649.8 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:

User707

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am 34 and recently switched to dutasteride after 5 years on finasteride with good results.

About 2 months after making the change, my left temple basically become a clump of short hairs that extends way back. They don't seem miniaturized, but their growth seems stunted.

Is this likely an effluvium from the hormonal response to dutasteride? Or is it possible that my temples could have thinned out in two months, ironically, right after beginning dutasteride?

Note the last photo is from 2 weeks after starting dutasteride, the first two photos are after two months on dutasteride.
Kind of in the same boat as you. 20 years on finasteride and it has stopped being effective? Did you come good with DUTA in the end?