Telogen Effluvium From Starting If? (on Finasteride)

okeyokey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I was diagnosed as having male pattern baldness about a year and a half ago. I was given Finasteride, which I still take. Shortly thereafter, they found my TSH levels were too low, so I'm also taking Thyroxine on a daily basis.

It took about eight months, but then I started seeing results. I stopped shedding hair, my hair felt thicker and less greasy, etc. I had started treatment at such an early stage that my hair loss is practically invisible.

Now, about two months ago I started doing intermittent fasting (only eating within an 8 hour eating window every day). I immediately noticed that I had a lot more energy and less headaches. Two months in, I have lost some fat, and I generally feel more healthy. But it seems that my hair entered telogen effluvium again as a result of the diet. My hair feels a bit greasier and I am basically losing hairs now with the same speed I during the first months on Finasteride.

I am not sure to what extent this is just my imagination, but I am pretty sure that I am losing more hairs than previously. I have been trying to find information online and some of it seems to suggest that this issue is temporary. Nevertheless, I am worried, and I wondered if anyone else had experienced the same issue. At what point should I start to worry or abort the diet? (I'm reluctant to do so.) I'm basically afraid that it isn't temporary. When will Telogen Effluvium stop, if it is temporary?

Kind regards,
O