Telogen Effluvium Due To Antiandrogen?

aj218

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So as the title says, is it possible to get Telogen Effluvium from using antiandrogens?

Backstory: Been losing my hair since I was 18 and I jumped on minoxidil and finasteride when I was 20. The finasteride stopped my hairline from moving any further than nw2 but i kept losing density. Even got a thread up with pics about this back in 2013/14.

Now i’m 24 and my hairline still hasn’t moved, and if anything has moved down ever so slightly and seems a bit straighter. I’ve tried dutasteride, spironolactone, estradiol, oral minoxidil, even cypro but i could only grow hair on my hairline, not fill up the density.

And it’s not just the top, it’s kinda like dupa but a certain area in my donor area is still relatively thick, so I’d say I have retrograde alopecia but it’s only been happening with all these sheds. Honestly my sides look thinner than my top.

Currently I’m still using spironolactone, duta, and oral minoxidil daily. I use estriol instead of estradiol because it has a preference for the estrogen beta receptor, so theoretically it will have more of an effect on your hair than your chest.

I’ve been using proper antiandrogens for the past 2 years and i’ve still been losing density. I know the antiandrogens are working cos i don’t have as much body hair as I used (which is a blessing cos I was basically a cave man before), so the fact i’ve rarely seen regrowth from the sheds is confusing.

Anyone gone through anything similar? Anyone been told they got Telogen Effluvium?