Teenager Norwood 2/2.5 Receding Hairline Curious About Regimen

Jason Carter

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am an 18 year old who has had a receding hairline since I was about 16. My regimen includes: finasteride 1 mg daily, 1mL of minoxidil 5% twice per day, 1 mm dermarolling everyday with damaging every two weeks, and I use ketoconazole 2% twice per week. I started using minoxidil 5% in March of 2017 and have seen small results, but without finasteride, I was still losing ground. I just recently got onto the other parts of my regimen about two weeks ago. My right temple is significantly worse than the left, and the left is actually seeing a bit of regrowth from minoxidil solely. I do still have microscopic hairs all over where my hairline was years ago, and have some vellus hairs popping up as well. My plan is to take finasteride for one year and evaluate my results. I do have thick hair to start with, it is thinning slowly, but hopefully that will assist in regrowth and keep me from freaking out about the big shed on finasteride. Are there any other things that I am missing, or should consider? I would like to get to Norwood 1.5 or so eventually. I believe the my right temple is at Norwood 2.5 and left at Norwood 2, but would be content with maintenance as it seems that regrowth is unlikely. I have read that Dutasteride would be better for regrowth, but I wanted to start out with finasteride and evaluate my response prior to getting onto something stronger. I also read that having those miniaturized hairs, regardless of how small, could regrow, but I am no expert. Overall, what do you guys think? I apologize for the poor lighting in advance as well.
Snapchat-5886728.jpg
Snapchat-133327419.jpg
Snapchat-1063327849.jpg

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
try finasteride... Good results? stay on it... No results , no side effects? Try Dutasteride

iSlapBitches

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your balding dude and it’s gonna get really bad since you’re so young. You need a topical anti androgen like ru or cb. The big 3 alone won’t save you.

Jason Carter

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can try dermaroling for regrowth. Or else Norwood 1.5 is not likely.
I've tried it once so far with the intent on doing it once every two weeks. I only have a 1mm dermaroller at the moment; however, I plan to get a 1.5 in the near future. Would this help or do you recommend something else?

iSlapBitches

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried it once so far with the intent on doing it once every two weeks. I only have a 1mm dermaroller at the moment; however, I plan to get a 1.5 in the near future. Would this help or do you recommend something else?

Get a derminator and do it once a week. Trust me, rollers and stamps are nothing in comparison.

Jason Carter

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your balding dude and it’s gonna get really bad since you’re so young. You need a topical anti androgen like ru or cb. The big 3 alone won’t save you.
I would definitely be up to try one of those which you recommended, but cost is a problem with how young I am. Is there an alternative you would recommend? I have seen good results with RU, so perhaps in the future I will try it too.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
cringe at people suggesting dermaroller when clearly finasterdie will not be strong enough to maintain your hair

I started balding mid 16 and it slowly progressed. I got on finasteride around 17 and regardless it just kept progressing. If you start male pattern baldness younger than 20 99% chance that finasteride will not be enough to maintain for you.

You need to go on a more aggressive regiment. See my thead about the metabolite of Darolutamide

Jason Carter

My Regimen
Reaction score
cringe at people suggesting dermaroller when clearly finasterdie will not be strong enough to maintain your hair

I started balding mid 16 and it slowly progressed. I got on finasteride around 17 and regardless it just kept progressing. If you start male pattern baldness younger than 20 99% chance that finasteride will not be enough to maintain for you.

You need to go on a more aggressive regiment. See my thead about the metabolite of Darolutamide
I just read your post. So you recommend hopping on 2 mg of Topical Daro per day? Should this be used along with finasteride?

iSlapBitches

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just read your post. So you recommend hopping on 2 mg of Topical Daro per day? Should this be used along with finasteride?

Daro is too strong and not enough is known about it. And that’s saying something considering we have lots to learn about ru and cb. Try ru first for sure.

And I only replace the needles in my derminator when it breaks or needles bend which takes months. buy like 5 extra cartridges when you buy it. It works really well as a part of my regimen. It’s all about having multiple mechanisms fighting hairloss.

iSlapBitches

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

He needs the big 3 and dermarolling and a topical antandrogen. It’s not one or the other buddy. They all work through different mechanisms.

Jason Carter

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do want to say, I have tried out this shampoo by Hairloss Restoration Labs. It's just their DHT blocking shampoo. I was fairly certain it was snake oil, and I haven't have any growth from it, but it has made my hair healthier. I don't plan on getting it again, but for those interested, I thought I would mention it.

I will have to save up for the Dermanator and RU then and maybe Daro in the future. I have not read much about Daro or RU, but I am sure you guys are right. I understand what @hemingway_the_mercenary is getting at as well. Given my young age and the aggression that comes with it, a stronger regimen is needed.

Jason Carter

My Regimen
Reaction score
I buy from https://www.thekaneshop.com/product/ru58841-2/ but there are other places online too. If you use Kane’s, buy with bitcoin for a discount and sign up to get their new customer discount as well.

Use a 5% concentration which would be 3g of RU in a normal 60ml minoxidil bottle. Use it twice a day. Here’s a link with more details https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/treatments/ru58841/
Awesome, thank you my man! I was checking out some of your other posts, and you said that you returned to NW0 with the dermanator, RU, minoxidil, and duta, what Norwood did you start at?

iSlapBitches

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I’ve said I caught my hairloss relatively early since I cut my own hair. I was probably a 1.5 as my hairline was rounding and looking mature, and I had some real bad recession on my temple points. Now my hairline is straight across and my temple points have completely come back which makes a big difference in appearance.

My worse loss came from my diffuse thinning which has thickened to a level that made me realize I had probably been balding since high school since that was the last time it was this thick.