tdot's Story

tdot

Reaction score
Hi there!
This is my first post here.
I started to loose my hair when I was about 17 years old (I'm 36 now). It was always a little thin on the top of my head, in the same pattern as a man would loose his hair. When I was 18 I started taking the birth control pill and my hair grew like crazy! It was wonderful! But, sadly, I became very very sick from the pill and had to stop taking it 2 years after starting it. The years went on and I just lived with my thinning on the top of my head, I would pull my hair back so that it lays flat to my head and you couldn't see my scalp so much that way. Or I would do a "comb over" and part it on the side and "hold" the hair down flat with a barette.
Anyway, in the last, oh, I'd say 5 years the balding has increased to a scary rate. I'm really getting nervous about how bad it is getting.
I just don't know what to do. I am almost scared to even talk to my doctor about it because it is embarrassing and I also am pretty sure he'll say there is nothing they can do for it.
If you have any ideas, it would be great to hear from you.
Thanks for listening.
tasha

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
tdot,
Try going to http://www.heralopecia.com . I beleive that's where you'll fund the best information about your situation. I beleive women have some pretty good options available to them like rogaine and spironolactone.

tdot

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your reply and info.
I realized after I posted my message that I posted it to the mens section :oops:
I reposted it in the ladies section.
Have a great day.