TC's Story - 15 month update 01/03/2011 bottom of page 1

TeamCatfish

Reaction score
-----------------------------------------------------------------
3 MONTH UPDATE

Well its been just over three months since i posted here. Since then I've started to take a quarter of Proscar 5mg once a day, and thats been going on for about 2 months now.
Heres a few more pictures.

P3090736-01.jpg

P3090735-03.jpg

P3090738-01.jpg

Would love to have some peoples opinions as its starting to destroy my self confidence.

Can anyone notice any receding?

I'm getting my hair cut shorter tomorrow, as I think with long hair its a lot more noticeable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some photos of my current plight. Beginning

Picture2-1.jpg

[attachment=0:2dmpas9v]Picture.jpg[/attachment:2dmpas9v]

[attachment=1:2dmpas9v]Picture3.jpg[/attachment:2dmpas9v]
This is what my hairstyle looks like normally, which is why I guess I never really noticed the balding before.

I've recently noticed that the corners of my forehead are becoming deeper and deeper - and knowing that baldness generally passed through via the mum genes, I asked Mum when Grandpa went bald - her answer? 25! Completely bald.

Now I'm 22, and love my hair, and have heard that the earlier you catch it the more chance you have of retaining your hair.

Now i notice when I'm at work and stresed, when I run my fingers through my hair, when I look at my hands I'll have 1 or two long hairs between my fingers.

I also use to straighten my hair when it use to get a little curly, before going out etc, and generally I never wash it as I spend a lot of the time at the beach, etc - so I suspect it could also be sun damaged.

I followed this guys thread for a while [/url]http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=45739&st=0&sk=t&sd=a[/url], and he seemed to use quite a few organic solutions, as well as finasteride, etc.

What does everyone recommend? And since I live in Australia, where would I best be able to get these products/organic options?

Attachments

• Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    604.2 KB · Views: 241
  • Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 231

ThinFineCurly

Reaction score
Re: Grandpa (Mums side) completely bald by 25, and I'm now 22

It's not that bad. You might not have your grandpa's genes for baldness. It may not get that bad. Get on minoxidil and try it and see if it stops the hair loss. Probably won't re-grow any hair in that area though. If it gets worse, get on finasteride too.

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: TeamCatfish's story - (Grandpa completely bald by 25)

You are developing an adult man's hairline. DO NOT START USING MINOXIDIL.

TeamCatfish

Reaction score
Re: TeamCatfish's Story - 3 month update

If someone could have a look at the updated pictures in the first post, it would be greatly appreciated!

TeamCatfish

Reaction score

Thanks Joe,

I think I'll hold off the minodoxil for now, and wait and see how it looks in three or so months.

What sparked the recent ill feelings was a comment by a close friend who said my hairline looked pretty bad (not in those words exactly).

It's super hard reading the success stories, and only sticking to the one med, when it appears that only the 'big 3' work!

Ive updated the pictures so they appear a little bigger.

TeamCatfish

Reaction score

P3090735-01.jpg

Here is one last picture of my forehead with the wrinkles show.

Apparently if you raise your eyebrows, the last wrinkle shows you where your immature hairline was (or the hairline you were born with) as you can see, mine is slightly raised in the centre but slowly receding on the sides.

Gah!

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score

You have nothing to worry about at the minute.

You may go bald, but from the pic they are NO signs.