Taurine & Creatine

DIM-001

Reaction score
Hey you guys,

does anyone know if creatine or taurine is bad for your hair?
i am looking for a new amino acid supplement and i found a great one but there is taurine in it, and i don't trust that so much.. :s
i am now 1 year in the big 3 (finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral shampoo)
and i am having great results but i don't wan't to ruin that by taking taurine or creatine,

and i would also like to begin with a creatine supplement but i read so many things, positive and negative about creatine from all over the internet that i really don't know what to do with it :s

can anyone tell me if these product are bad for my hair?

thx

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah sorry about that blacklabel, unfortunately the conclusion is we need more studies to make a conclusion!

As regards taurine, word is, it's good.

It's used in a shampoo that's big (ish) in germany, although a lot of people claim the shampoo is crap. It's called Active M / BC Bonacure

And it's often been touted as good for hair due to studies done.

http://www.hairloss-research.org/vitami ... e8-06.html

I'm not saying everyone should add taurine. but i doubt it'll hurt your hair.

DIM-001

Reaction score
@ Sir Chugalot:

you speak about the fact that some people say that taurine is good for your hair and other people say it's crap,
but i didn't mean the topical solutions that contain taurine,
i ment the oral supplements that contain taurine,
like i said i found a bodybuilding supplement that contains taurine but i'm afraid that topical taurine (used in shampoo's) and oral taurine have a total different aeffect on hair

DIM-001

Reaction score
I did some digging and i found out that oral L-Taurine or short said Taurine
is good for your hair, it has some good influence on fybrosis of the hair and
so it is harmless for your hair and you won't get hairloss from it :)

5hank

Reaction score
Whatt??!? I have never heard anyone else mention that Creatine is bad for hair, but it scares me! I've been taking creatine for 2 years now and my hair started falling out last year, coincidence? Either way I think im gonna play it safe... Not even the best creatine pumps in the world would be worth it without my hair..

Can someone else please confirm or deny this so I can stop worrying?

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
DIM-001 said:
@ Sir Chugalot:

you speak about the fact that some people say that taurine is good for your hair and other people say it's crap,
but i didn't mean the topical solutions that contain taurine,
i ment the oral supplements that contain taurine,
like i said i found a bodybuilding supplement that contains taurine but i'm afraid that topical taurine (used in shampoo's) and oral taurine have a total different aeffect on hair

I think you've misread my post, at no point did i say taurine was bad for your hair. I said the people believe the shampoo to be crap ie it has little benefit

The link I posted was to a site that recommends oral taurine. So with that in mind a supplement of taurine wouldn't bother me.

Actually i take 500mg of taurine a day.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
5hank said:
Whatt??!? I have never heard anyone else mention that Creatine is bad for hair, but it scares me! I've been taking creatine for 2 years now and my hair started falling out last year, coincidence? Either way I think im gonna play it safe... Not even the best creatine pumps in the world would be worth it without my hair..

Can someone else please confirm or deny this so I can stop worrying?

THere's been one study

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=54866

I'd read the thread, Bryan makes an important point.

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've been wondering this as well. I'm really into lifting and I've plateaued the past few weeks. I wanted to get to take some creatine, but after reading it affects your testosterone levels, I was wondering if there was any correlation with hair loss.

After reading this thread, it seems like nobody really knows the answer.

If it comes down to being really buff and bald or in decent shape and have a full head of hair, I'll take the latter.

Reaction score
DIM-001 said:
Hey you guys,

does anyone know if creatine or taurine is bad for your hair?
i am looking for a new amino acid supplement and i found a great one but there is taurine in it, and i don't trust that so much.. :s
i am now 1 year in the big 3 (finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral shampoo)
and i am having great results but i don't wan't to ruin that by taking taurine or creatine,

and i would also like to begin with a creatine supplement but i read so many things, positive and negative about creatine from all over the internet that i really don't know what to do with it :s

can anyone tell me if these product are bad for my hair?

thx

I'll definitely go for Taurine. You might want to know or check out that a lot of hair products contain T.

Additionally, T not only acts on the follicles but in the body as well. Good luck! :punk: