Tape versus Bond on thin skin experiences?

Brad98

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure this is covered somewhere deep in the forums, but haven't searched thoroughly so apologies up front if this is a repeat. I made a post yesterday about my reaction to bond and have had my hair off for 3 days now while my scalp recovers. When I go to reapply, I'm considering doing tape on the perimeter and bond only at the hairline.

Has anyone else done this? How'd it work out for you? Did the poly sound plastic-y on top of the head where it wasn't attached with bond or tape? Any premature wear from styling, etc.? How does tape at the hairline work on a thin skin?

Thanks in advance!

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes poly/thin skin does sound like a plastic bag to the touch where it's not secured.

You should patch test everything for 24 hours on your arm or behind your ear.
And put a sticky plaster(bandaid for Americans) over it to keep it in place.

For thin skin I'd use a red liner or similar base tape before applying the other tape.
To reduce the risk of tearing the thin skin on removal and makes clear up easier.

Cory Ryder

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use walker ultra hold tape all the way around as it is stretchy and can get it right to the edge all the way around no glue even on front. When taking off my head it stats on the system obviously and is really hard to get off but my secret if I bought a little spray bottle and put 97 alcohol in it and spray, peel, spray peel, doing this I only get about an inch off at a time but it insures I don't rip the thinskin
below is a video which doesn't really have anything to do with tape but Ive had it on for a week and its not coming up anywhere and Ive had some really bad sweat days working around the house.

Tape is the best for me.

Brad98

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use walker ultra hold tape all the way around as it is stretchy and can get it right to the edge all the way around no glue even on front. When taking off my head it stats on the system obviously and is really hard to get off but my secret if I bought a little spray bottle and put 97 alcohol in it and spray, peel, spray peel, doing this I only get about an inch off at a time but it insures I don't rip the thinskin
below is a video which doesn't really have anything to do with tape but Ive had it on for a week and its not coming up anywhere and Ive had some really bad sweat days working around the house.

Tape is the best for me.

Super, thanks for the information. I’m thinking I might give it a shot. I’ve taped the back perimeter before and yes, the tape is a pain to get off. But, like you, I’d spray and just massage it in and peel at the same time. It’s really not any worse than cleaning the adhesive bonds. I’m learning that it’s all trial and error.

Cory Ryder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Super, thanks for the information....
Definitely tape sides and back I started learning that a clean shave with a face razor on the head then a mud mask to remove oils on the head nice rinse and scalp protector with the bingo dobber acts a a perfect primer for the head if you have any oils on the head the tape won’t last a night but it been 9 days and it ain’t coming off