Tamoxifen + Propecia (does Tamoxifen Make You Lose More Hair?)

Madlipschillin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm combining Tamoxifen with Propecia. Can Tamoxifen make me lose more hair or it won't have any negative impact on my hair as long as I'm taking finasteride? My endocrinologist said it shouldn't affect my hair loss.

Thank you

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tamoxifen has been proven to not be good for hair. Raloxifene is much better and does the same thing.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm combining Tamoxifen with Propecia. Can Tamoxifen make me lose more hair or it won't have any negative impact on my hair as long as I'm taking finasteride? My endocrinologist said it shouldn't affect my hair loss.

Thank you

tamoxifen mostly binds with the breast gland but it significantly raises you Testosterone levels so thats how it could effect hairloss.
Ive used it almost complete solved all the finasteride sides for me

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
tamoxifen mostly binds with the breast gland but it significantly raises you Testosterone levels so thats how it could effect hairloss.
Ive used it almost complete solved all the finasteride sides for me

The problem with Tamoxifen and hair is separate from it's increase in testosterone. It seems to unfavorably either bind strongly to the ER-a or block the ERs in the skin/hair which is why a lot of women complain of hair loss with its use. A favorable ER expression in the skin and hair is important for hair growth and youthful skin for men and women.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
how is the mechanism of action different between each drug? They are both serms no?

I cannot say if Raloxifene is good for hair, we know it is good for skin and increases collagen but there are no studies about the hair follicle. There were studies studying AIs and SERMs in breast cancer treatment and hair loss and Arimidex and Tamoxifen were the worst offenders. Each SERM differs slightly on where it agonizes vs antagonizes (for example Tamoxifen agonizes the uterus where Raloxifene blocks this). I do not think using Tamoxifen short term is going to kill someone's hair.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cannot say if Raloxifene is good for hair, we know it is good for skin and increases collagen but there are no studies about the hair follicle. There were studies studying AIs and SERMs in breast cancer treatment and hair loss and Arimidex and Tamoxifen were the worst offenders. Each SERM differs slightly on where it agonizes vs antagonizes (for example Tamoxifen agonizes the uterus where Raloxifene blocks this). I do not think using Tamoxifen short term is going to kill someone's hair.

so Rolax doesnt bind in the skin and hair?

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No update is needed. Tamoxifen is known for causing hair loss in women who take it for cancer treatment. It might work combined with an anti-androgen but it's a gamble. Raloxifene has fewer side effects and is more effective at preventing gyno.