Talking Density

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried a new supplier and a factory - but their densities are wildly different.

1st
extra light - 50%
light - 70%
med-light - 80%
med - 90%

I never go heavier

2nd
extra light - 80%
light - 90%
med-light - 100%
med - 110%

How do you ensure you get the right density? Is it an issue for you?

markFox1989

Reaction score
I tried a new supplier and a factory - but their densities are wildly different.

1st
extra light - 50%
light - 70%
med-light - 80%
med - 90%

I never go heavier

2nd
extra light - 80%
light - 90%
med-light - 100%
med - 110%

How do you ensure you get the right density? Is it an issue for you?
Im about to be a wearer. I'll probably start light-medium then move up from there. Also i just noticed my sides (from about my ears to my temples) seem to be thinning a bit. So i figured med-light. I obviously can't go totally full on top. And are full cap viable options if you wish to remain undetectable to sight and touch? The picture was taken 2 weeks after my hair was shaved to the scalp.

Attachments

• mark side.png
    mark side.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 325

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Difficult to advise without larger pic esp of top and back.

A full cap would not be any more undetectable than a topper.

I would say you have decent hair at back and side and a system should only cover those areas that are bald or thinning noticeably.

markFox1989

Reaction score
Difficult to advise without larger pic esp of top and back.

A full cap would not be any more undetectable than a topper.

I would say you have decent hair at back and side and a system should only cover those areas that are bald or thinning noticeably.

The only reason i brought it up is i'm not sure what density to use. I was going to choose a higher density because i'm still young, but now i'm not so sure. Maybe the sides will look a bit better when they grow out a bit. (they're only 1/3 inch atm). So i would have no idea what density to choose for my best piece.

Attachments

• mark top.png
    mark top.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 279
  • mark back.png
    mark back.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 361

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
It's hard to tell from the small pictures but you seem to still have a decent amount of hair. Why go through the hassle of wearing a hair piece right now? Have you tried letting it grow longer and using hair fibers?

Also, are you sure your sides are thinning? I went through a brief period where I thought that I was also losing density on my sides but then I looked at some pictures 1-2 years before I started losing my hairline and my sides are the same, they've just never been very dense (at least in the recent years).

Noah

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with Giizmo. If you are thinking of wearing a hairpiece, you are now at the right stage to do it before your hairloss becomes very noticeable. I think you could go for NorthWest Lace 100%, but it partly depends what look you want.

noah

markFox1989

Reaction score
It's hard to tell from the small pictures but you seem to still have a decent amount of hair. Why go through the hassle of wearing a hair piece right now? Have you tried letting it grow longer and using hair fibers?

Also, are you sure your sides are thinning? I went through a brief period where I thought that I was also losing density on my sides but then I looked at some pictures 1-2 years before I started losing my hairline and my sides are the same, they've just never been very dense (at least in the recent years).

It's really hard for me to tell. All my other pictures I have short hair but not buzzed.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fibres could work for a while and be relatively easy, but as said now could be the time to make the leap especially if you want to be more daring with hairstyles.

I really think you could get a very good hairstyle to complement your look.

Density is so varied depending on supplier. You seem still young and good side/back hair, so maybe light-med on top and less at the front. Again, once you narrow down suppliers chat with them regarding their advice/density.

Noah

Reaction score
I agree with Grincher. A topper will work really well for you, and you are such a young guy that no one will look twice even if you go for a reasonably dense unit.

markFox1989

Reaction score
I agree with Grincher. A topper will work really well for you, and you are such a young guy that no one will look twice even if you go for a reasonably dense unit.

Ok thanks for the help guys. I'm going to a clinic tomorrow just to get measurements and decide what color density I want to have. Is this a good idea? I feel like if i did it myself i would get it wrong somehow.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do the way you feel most comfortable with. Ultimately, those that stick with it will turn too DIY sooner or later.