Talking All Castor Oilers To Discuss Potential Side Effects

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there everyone. So as usual I am just here doing my regular regimen.

Just good ole Zix, daily peppermint and rosemary oil, my recrntly added scalp massages, and of course, castor oil (been using daily for 2 months now)

Well. I recently saw a post dissing the Prostaglandins protocol since increase of PGE2 is associated with inhibiting of collagen production.

Now some background. YEARS ago I had used minoxidil. I had been using it daily for about a month and a half. Now around a month I realized that it was causing me heart palpitations which made me confused due to the fact that the minioxidil I used was topical and never ingested. . . So I was kinda like huh.... maybe somehow it got on my fingers and then I ate so it went systemic....

Then about a week later I really started acknowledging what else minioxidil had done which were the new dark circles under my eyes that were unsightly

When taking pictures to monitor my hairline, I would take a picture every day, holding my hairline the same way, in the same lighting, and my face was also in the photos.

Upon review I noticed the dark circles had started by the end of week 2 of Minoxidil, when looking at the series of daily photos since my first day of application. The further I went in the photos the worse the circles became, and eventually my face was starting to bloat too.... That With the heart palpitations I said eff it. This stuff is going systemic and causing these issues because I always would apply and would leave it in and wash my hands then wrap my hair in a durag so I wouldn't touch it after application.....

So minor caused me these side effects by going systemic even though I only applied topically and would never ingest it....

After stopping it took months for these circles to go away and I'm glad I recovered from them as they made me look sick.......... the heart palpitations went away a couple weeks after stopping as well which is good.

Well now that I am using castor oil, and there is a claim that increasing pge2 will inhibit collagen production, well honestly I fear continuing its usage. Since if I'm applying it topically..... well if it goes systemic like Minoxidil does...... well then it may also eventually inhibit my collagen production..... I don't want similar skin issues again..... the bloated face with dark circles aged me 10 years in months...... and scared the hell outta me.... I would rather be bald with a more youthful face than have hair and facially look like garbage.

My point is.... has anyone who uses long term topical and/or oral castor oil, ever seen skin side effects from its usage?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Needs to be oral

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical castor oil doesn't work.

You wouldn't think so, but I've seen so many cases of it working for black women. That's not Androgenetic Alopecia though, it's traction alopecia. It may have grown back without even doing anything because they stopped braiding it.