Taking up smoking to lose weight?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I've never smoked but I've heard that it's an appetite suppressant and I want to lose a bit of weight. Is this wise?

If not, are there any other things that suppress appetite?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Cancer.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I only intend to smoke until I'm at my ideal weight - then stop. Not long enough to get cancer

s.a.f

Reaction score
Are you being serious here?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I know this sounds like the sort of thing CCS would say, but I'm semi-serious. there's the danger of becoming hooked, but I don't have a very addictive personality - (except that I'm a Finasteride fiend!)

I've tried working out but I can't seem to shed that extra 2 stones - amd I'm lazy :whistle:

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes you will lose weight smoking but i seriously dont advise taking this up. I started smoking 2years ago and since then i look like crap. I now suffer from dry skin which makes me look older (i can see the formation of wrinkle lines setting in). My breathing is terrible, i have a bad coff, im under weight i feel depressed, i get tired easilly and as well as being more prone to cancer i dont think this is doing my hairloss any favours either. Dont take up this nasty habit, i wish i hadnt.

I've heard green tea is naural fat burner. I have tried it myself but seen as im already skinny i didnt notice anything. I can tell you this however i needed to go the toilet more often, which must mean its doing something good.

I've heard drinking plenty of water can suppress appetite too.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
yeah I have been drinking green tea (although I stopped short at CCS's suggestion that I put it on my face)

How many cigs do you smoke a day? Are you finding it hard to give up?

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
yeah I have been drinking green tea (although I stopped short at CCS's suggestion that I put it on my face)

:woot:

That guy cracks me up.

I smoke some where between 20 and 25 a day depends on my mood. If im really depressed its more. Very rarelly is it less than 20 and yes im really struggling to give it up. It started out with social smoking and then habit and before i knew it i was hooked and couldnt go a day without smoking.

:(

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
the Last Fight said:
Take up crack ... its much better for weight loss and wont get you smelling like a chimney.

yeah but where do you find the stuff? It's illegal

The Gardener

Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
I've never smoked but I've heard that it's an appetite suppressant and I want to lose a bit of weight. Is this wise?
rkellywtfio8.gif

Quantum Cat said:
I don't have a very addictive personality
You will develop one if you start smoking.

ali777

Reaction score
This is the stupidest thread ever!!!!!!!!!

Take it from a smoker. Yes it will help with suppressing your appetite, but you are going to feel sh*t.

I've been trying to quit for ages, and I hate myself for still smoking.

It's the worst addiction ever. I used to drink a bit as well, not at a level where I would consider myself alcoholic, but giving up alcohol and giving up smoking are very very different. I have gone a whole year without a single drop of alcohol with no problems at all, but I can't go without smoking for longer than 24 hours. It's that bad.

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
DO NOT - I repeat DO NOT take up smoking - period!

It is one of the single worst things you could do to your body. I smoked for a decade (1 - 2 packs a day). Looking back, I realized that that was one of the WORST things I ever did to myself. To this day, I still say to myself, "Why in the hell did I ever start smoking? What the hell was I thinking for all those years?"

thats why i quit . i didnt want to wake up one morning and regret i even started and then it would be too late . and the money is a big issue too . i have to use it for hair products. i would understand it more if you wanted to start smoking because of social pressure .

HughJass

Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
I've tried working out but I can't seem to shed that extra 2 stones - amd I'm lazy :whistle:

You could try dysentery. It's bound to get the last little bit of weight off.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it be a lot smarter to take up exercise. I've heard you
can drop HUGE amounts of weight.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: ... I honestly can't tell whether ccs is just pulling an andy kaufman and is having a big laugh from all his posts, or if he's being completely serious.

btw, someone mentioned crack as a better way to lose weight but I'm going to one-up him and recommend crystal meth.

check out the before and after shots of this girl:
methface.jpg

Jim Carrey also recommends crystal meth. Check out his infomercial!
http://www.randomboo.com/JimCarreyJimmyTango'sFatbusters.html