Taking Proscar (1/4) and Avodart once per day. thoughts?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
I have been on Proscar 1/4 for 9 month's and Rogaine liquid for 2 1/2 years and have been alternating foam and liquid now for 2 month's. I just ordered and received Generic Dutas from UP and took my first one. My thoughts are to keep my routine the same and in addition take 1 Dutas capsule per day as well. Do any of you think this will help ??? Any suggestions, comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

bopper

Reaction score
After qutting finasteride, and starting dutasteride I noticed a big shed after three months. So I added 1/4 of proscar almost everyday. The shed seemed to slow down soon after. I haven't expericed any regrowth but I seem to have maintained my hair since I added the 1/4 proscar.

I start dutasteride in Oct '06, and added finasteride in Jan '07

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just repiled to almost the same question from someone else...

My response was that finasteride is an irrelevance while taking dutasteride. Don't waste your money :)

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for your input. I was wondering if Proscar would be worth using at the same time as Avodart. I guess I will try this regimine for 3 month's and re-evaluate the cost vs results. Good luck to you both and any other comments welcome.!!!! :)

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
bopper said:
After qutting finasteride, and starting dutasteride I noticed a big shed after three months. So I added 1/4 of proscar almost everyday. The shed seemed to slow down soon after.
Presumably just a co-incidence, with the dutasteride shed having simply run its course at around the same time you added the proscar.

bopper said:
I haven't expericed any regrowth but I seem to have maintained my hair since I added the 1/4 proscar. I start dutasteride in Oct '06, and added finasteride in Jan '07
I had a long period of maintenance, ie. no obvious re-growth, after my dutasteride shed. I think it was between 8 to 10 months after the shed ended that the hairs on my crown started feeling coarser and the edges of the bald spot began creeping towards each other, so you might yet see some improvement.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Slartibartfast, thanks for the words of encouragement. I am giving this a year and will see what happens. Good luck to you