Taking Finasteride has destroyed my life

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, im gonna stop finasteride gradually.

Hopefully it will work.
Just to reiterate, deciding to stop 4 months after switching would not be my advice, I would personally stay on it a bit longer.

Reactions: 300

Depresszed_Hairloss123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey btw its pretty unlikely but could COVID 19 have cause my hairloss to start again?

I just recovered like one month ago and back then my hairline was coming back

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya, i think im gonna stay on 1mg eod for awhile and transit to 0.5mg eod see if there any changes
BTW.............. I saw that you posted the exact same OP on r/tressless. If you read though the comments on there, you will see many of them are similar to mine, suggesting you should just give it more time.

I don't see any correlation to why dropping to 0.5mg eod would 'improve' your situation, the people who get the best results on treatments are the guys that keep everything stable over a long period of time, its not from chopping and changing dose's or regimens every 5 minutes.

if you flick though past post's back when this site was actually popular, there were regular post's of people tripping out, about how there hair is getting worse on treatments, maybe for some its true but for many they were just being impatient and panicking unnecessarily.

Like this Thread for example:
FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE HELP ME! ANYBODY!

Reactions: 300

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
@losingbattle88 Hey DanielSperg are you offended again?.
No. Not as much i did some digging and read People that said accord was their favorite generic and worked the best, and People had results from it. Even my sister uses accord by prescription and said her medecines work. So far only you have said intas finas isnt effective which I believe is bs. My sperm is worse again after using accord finasteride. Like i told you before accord is a well known generic and is sold in all swedish pharmacies, they do quality control tests before buying in medecines dumbass.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Not as much i did some digging and read People that said accord was their favorite generic and worked the best, and People had results from it. Even my sister uses accord by prescription and said her medecines work. So far only you have said intas finas isnt effective which I believe is bs. My sperm is worse again after using accord finasteride. Like i told you before accord is a well known generic and is sold in all swedish pharmacies, they do quality control tests before buying in medecines dumbass.
Haven't you got something better to do with your life than keep sperging out on here every 5 minutes?

What happened to that Sri Lankan Girl that smiled at you?

Did she finally pop your cherry or are you planning to still be a virgin for your 35th birthday

Depresszed_Hairloss123

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW.............. I saw that you posted the exact same OP on r/tressless. If you read though the comments on there, you will see many of them are similar to mine, suggesting you should just give it more time.

I don't see any correlation to why dropping to 0.5mg eod would 'improve' your situation, the people who get the best results on treatments are the guys that keep everything stable over a long period of time, its not from chopping and changing dose's or regimens every 5 minutes.

if you flick though past post's back when this site was actually popular, there were regular post's of people tripping out, about how there hair is getting worse on treatments, maybe for some its true but for many they were just being impatient and panicking unnecessarily.

Like this Thread for example:
FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE HELP ME! ANYBODY!
Hey thanks man. I think im gonna cont on finasteride for awhile more and see. It could that this recent reccesion is due to covid also. I think ill stay on it awhile more

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven't you got something better to do with your life than keep sperging out on here every 5 minutes?

What happened to that Sri Lankan Girl that smiled at you?

Did she finally pop your cherry or are you planning to still be a virgin for your 35th birthday
Lol. We will see.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score

Mickey980

Reaction score
Hi. Same here. I was able to notice it at the beginning . And it happens to with every single dht inhibitor that i have taken. Thus i decided to avoid them. I dont know the reason but my hair reacts in that way. Normally it gets stronger on the crown and thins on the temples, with no shedding.

Depresszed_Hairloss123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. Same here. I was able to notice it at the beginning . And it happens to with every single dht inhibitor that i have taken. Thus i decided to avoid them. I dont know the reason but my hair reacts in that way. Normally it gets stronger on the crown and thins on the temples, with no shedding.
Hey bro its the exact same thing thats happening to me

Have u had any supplements or shampoo that maybe stopped the shedding?

Mickey980

Reaction score
Hey bro its the exact same thing thats happening to me

Have u had any supplements or shampoo that maybe stopped the shedding?
Sadly i was not able to find a solution so i left it and the temple thinning stopped. If you find the solution , do not doubt it and share it.
There is also a post about a guy who in 6 months lost all his hairline with topical dutas. For most people these kind of drugs work well but sorrowfully for some of us it is the opposite.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan of DHT blockers in fact I think they easily do as much if not more damage to hair in general when everyone is considered.

However in..... in my honest experience of reading these forums over the years this is generally when people start then stop taking them. As much as finasteride/dutasteride etc work for a lot of people I think many still massively underestimate the hair cycle and how long it takes to see results. 3-6 months is still when a lot of people are expecting results, but id say in general 18 months minimum is how long you should hold out, which isn't easy at all especially when things initially get worse.