Taking dutasteride Orally, Good Or Bad Idea To Add Topical finasteride?

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on finasteride for 1 year and decided to switch to dutasteride so I have 30+ finasteride pills left and I don't know what to do with them. Would it be a good idea to crush 3 or 4 finasteride pills into a 5% minoxidil solution or would the dutasteride and finasteride together be too much. I'm already against taking both finasteride and dutasteride together orally but personally can't see much harm in dutasteride orally and a finasteride topical so guys...Good or Bad idea?

Current Regime: 1 month dutasteride 0.5mg, 1 year nizoral 2% Keto, 1 week spironolactone 5% Cream. Hoping to add minoxidil 5% soon.

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add something. I realize I am already taking a whole lot of stuff to halt my hair loss and possibly regrow, I want you to know that if anyone feels this is a bad idea please inform me, I am not the type to say "oh well I'll try it anyway".

T

Timi

finasteride is enough
0,5mg
and minoxidil

all other makes Your Body ill

dutasteride is very Dangerous
i have take it Blood in Semen-Heart Problems
Body goes fat
Topic is not better i have make a attempt
my Head was 14Days dizzy-headache
eye Problems

Timi

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Timi but I am already on dutasteride for 30+ days and I have no side effects I quit finasteride because it didn't work for me, I know it's legit dutasteride because it's brand name Avodart and I'm already noticing dark hairs coming in around my hairline in the temples, so it's doing it's job. I'm not asking for someone to tell me to stop my *current regime* I just want to know where should I draw the line? Is adding topical finasteride too much? I am already taking a whole lot but I'm no doctor. From what I have heard adding multiple things like finasteride, nizoral, Copper Peptides, Revivogen, Rogaine and others can be a good regime. So *my question is* will adding 3 or 4 finasteride tabs to a full bottle of 5% Rogaine liquid be a bad idea to add to my current regime of Avodart 0.5mg, Nizoral 2% keto and Sprio 5%...

Thank you.

T

Timi

Than is OK "No side effects"

i take finasteride allone
minoxidil is nothing for me (Allergic)

Dutasterid can helps
but Blood in the Semen ,I'm shocked

Timi

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
So Patrick are you saying I can take both Avodart 0.5mg and finasteride 1/4 together?? Correct me if I'm wrong... Because I don't want to stop dutasteride and go back to finasteride, what exactly are you saying here?

Timi
wow that's terrible news, sorry you had to experience that. hope everythings okay.

Patrick54

Established Member
Reaction score
It takes dutasteride a little over 140 days to reach it's steady state at .5 mg a day so it wouldn't hurt to add finasteride for awhile. I didn't realize you had 30 5mg finasteride. I'm all for dutasteride, that's what I'm taking

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay so you're saying take 1/4 finasteride with dutasteride 0.5mg once a night say anywhere from 15-30 days then stop finasteride and carry on with dutasteride 0.5mg a night. I had read a post on HairLossTalk.com that taking finasteride and dutasteride together can actually cause the dutasteride to degrade/downgrade. finasteride may try and "out perform" dutasteride in a way and thus downgrade dutasteride to what finasteride is only capable of. What do you think?
Also one other question for you or anyone who would like to share feel free, I've been taking 0.5mg of dutasteride for 30 days should I act now and increase to a loading does of 1mg or 1.5mg of dutasteride to reach the steady state or since I've already come this far, should I just stick with my 0.5mg a night? It may be too late to take a loading does. What do you think?

Patrick54

Established Member
Reaction score
Mr_Reeses said:
Okay so you're saying take 1/4 finasteride with dutasteride 0.5mg once a night say anywhere from 15-30 days then stop finasteride and carry on with dutasteride 0.5mg a night. I had read a post on HairLossTalk.com that taking finasteride and dutasteride together can actually cause the dutasteride to degrade/downgrade. finasteride may try and "out perform" dutasteride in a way and thus downgrade dutasteride to what finasteride is only capable of. What do you think?
Also one other question for you or anyone who would like to share feel free, I've been taking 0.5mg of dutasteride for 30 days should I act now and increase to a loading does of 1mg or 1.5mg of dutasteride to reach the steady state or since I've already come this far, should I just stick with my 0.5mg a night? It may be too late to take a loading does. What do you think?

If the finasteride does cause dutasteride to degrade I would stop taking the finasteride and load with dutasteride for a few days, looking back at the chart it looks like dutasteride surpasses finasteride at about 5 days of .5mg of dutasteride per day so I guess there is no reason to take the finasteride. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/ ... alysis.jpg