Taking Dutasteride/Avodart - Can I Also Take Finasteride??

Snow-Man

Reaction score
I had been taking generic finasteride for about 2 years, and it helped slow down the rate of loss, but it didn't help grow anything back.

I'd read about some men taking dutas/avodart and it helped grow back lost hair, so I thought I'd switch to dutas which I did about 10 months ago.

The dutas hasn't grown any extra hair for me, and I'd say the rate of loss is possibly greater than when I used the Finasteride.

I was wondering if anyone has used both Avodart/Dutas *and* Finasteride at the same time?

If you did, what were the results? Were there any additional side effects by taking both at the same time?

P.S. I also use 5% minoxidil

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What is it with all of these people wanting to combine Finasteride and Dutasteride all of a sudden?

Dutasteride alone should be sufficient. Taking both at the same time has not been researched at all.

However, if you are adamant about it and actually do it for a lengthy amount of time, please do come back and share your observations with the forums!

oni

Reaction score
Done it tried it, please don't try it you will not like it !!!!

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I took dutasteride topically along with finasteride orally for six months without problem.

oni

Reaction score
1.25mg finasteride + 0.5mg dutasteride a day orally = shed for 3 to 4 months lol! with no sign of stopping. This is what happened to me so I am just warning you. I tried it for 4 months got no sides just big sheds that would not stop

Snow-Man

Reaction score
Hmmm.....

Probably not a good idea then...

It's odd though, I thought dutas/avodart was supposed to be noticeably more effective than finasteride - I've been taking Dr.Reddys Dutas.

And to be honest I haven't noticed any improvement at all. I was thinking I might just go back to Propecia then as it's cheaper.

Has anyone actually noticed an improvement when they switched from propecia/finasteride to dutas/avodart?

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
oni said:
1.25mg finasteride + 0.5mg dutasteride a day orally = shed for 3 to 4 months lol! with no sign of stopping. This is what happened to me so I am just warning you. I tried it for 4 months got no sides just big sheds that would not stop

Oni, I thought dutasteride was helping you... You havent reached a point where you have seen progress?

oni

Reaction score
lol that was almost a year ago that I tried the finasteride/dutasteride thing lol! sorry should have said about the time line :lol: no I still think dutasteride is doing it's thing.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Snow-Man said:
Hmmm.....

Probably not a good idea then...

It's odd though, I thought dutas/avodart was supposed to be noticeably more effective than finasteride - I've been taking Dr.Reddys Dutas.

And to be honest I haven't noticed any improvement at all. I was thinking I might just go back to Propecia then as it's cheaper.

Has anyone actually noticed an improvement when they switched from propecia/finasteride to dutas/avodart?
My personal opinion is dutasteride is not any better.