Taking A Finasteride Break For My Vacations

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do what you please, but I highly recommend to bring Finasteride with you and take it in doses that will be most suitable for you. I've traveled to different places before and I always bring my Dutasteride.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I thought it takes a while for hair loss to catch up after stopping finasteride, wouldn't 15 days be a short time to aesthetically lose a lot of hair? I mean I'd resume treatment asap when I'm back

g.i joey

Reaction score
i mean doesnt it take a week for dht levels to go back to normal, then i have about a little more than a week of being completely finasteride free. ive been reading that a 2 week break is ok and as long as im back on treatment i should be good. TBH i dont think in the 2 weeks ill notice anything but its the shedding after i restart finasteride where ill most likely take the hit, if i do take a hit at all.

tooldude

Reaction score
i mean doesnt it take a week for dht levels to go back to normal, then i have about a little more than a week of being completely finasteride free. ive been reading that a 2 week break is ok and as long as im back on treatment i should be good. TBH i dont think in the 2 weeks ill notice anything but its the shedding after i restart finasteride where ill most likely take the hit, if i do take a hit at all.

I wouldn't think that it would necessarily kill your existing hair, but doesn't finasteride help possibly grow back some hair only within the first year or 2? what im saying is that if i were to take a 2 week break from finasteride it would be after the possible regrowth period( a year or 2). I just started my fourth month and see new hairs popping up every day. No way i would take a break at this point. JMO

abcdefg

Reaction score
Eh personally I think you could skip a week or two and it would make no difference in the long run as long as you get back on it. 2 weeks isnt that long at all when you consider how insanely slow hair grows. DHT climbing back up for such a short time wont mean anything really just like eating some crappy food once in a while wont kill you. Its all about long term patterns what do you do most of the time? That is what determines end results

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro I'm going to kind of agree with tooldude. I've seen you post a couple times about taking breaks from finasteride, which I get you want to let your hormones go back to normal for a bit, but I think you might be missing out on possible regrowth you might get from taking it consistently for an extended period of time...might still work fine for maintaining though, if that's all your looking for.

Do what you want though dude. It's your body and your hormones and your hair. We all have to establish our own priorities.

g.i joey

Reaction score
im def gonna go for the break.. if i go from nw3 to nw4 in 3 weeks then i guess i was just destined to be bald. youre right, i do talk about breaks alot but this time on finasteride has been amazing and i dont wanna risk me getting sides down the line so, I like the idea of normalizing my hormones back to baseline for a week or 2 and i really think like abc said in the big scheme of things 2-3 weeks isnt much.

ern

Reaction score
Going off for a couple weeks isn't going to make much difference to your hair, although I can't recommend getting off finasteride for anybody at all, because of the potential for the development of pfs.

DeadLine

Reaction score
Hormonal fluctuations may cause stress on the body thus causing a bit of Telogen Effluvium. This might mean that your finasteride break could potentially cause a minor Telogen Effluvium shed, so I wouldn't be surprised if you see a lot of hairs falling out.

That being said, have fun on your holiday and it is your body and your choice, you just need to be aware of the possibilities.

shookwun

Reaction score
what exactly is the point?

hormone fluctuation is far worse then having stable blood levels.

you care about hair, otherwise you wouldn't be on here browsing all the time.

When I mess around with steroids it rekts havoc on me. Skin breaks out, roller coaster ride of emotions.... where as stable induced levels are far safer then coming on, and off repeatedly.

g.i joey

Reaction score
The point is allowing my hormones to restabilize to how they were naturally. At least this way I can ensure my time on the drug won't effect how I recover. Do you really think 2 weeks will mess me up in terms of losing ground?

Honestly I was hoping to hear from people who take a break here and there or were forced to due to refill of script or other circumstances and how it turned out for them

shookwun

Reaction score
Ive been on and off finasteride and noticed zero difference. all though nowadays I haven't come off in over three years.

its mental masturbation, you will never know. blood level evaluation or pseudo bullshit... choose 1