Taking a Break from AM minoxidil for a few days...wise?

Owl Jolson

Reaction score
I use two applications of Dr Lee's 5% minoxidil without propylene glycol (with glycerin filling the void) and it's given me some irritation. Would it be allright to forgo the morning application for a few days until I can get things worked out? This stuff has been driving me up the wall for the last couple months.

Thanks,
Owl

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
missing 1 day wont do much harm....but what do i know, i suggest you see a doctor!

Owl Jolson

Reaction score
Allright, Gonna_win, thanks.
Does anyone else have some input? All is welcome and appreciated.

G

I would think reducing your minoxidil application down to once a day for a week would do litle harm

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
i agree with tynan..but you might even want to try what i do.. apply it at like 10 pm..and then apply it again at 3 am. it's a pain in the ***..but you get used to it..and you can go throughout the day without that crap in your hair

Owl Jolson

Reaction score
Yesterday I read on Dr. Lee's website that the formulation I use---Propylene-glycol free minoxidil---produces a similar "greasy" feeling to regular rogaine. I didn't recall any problems during the month I used his 30% PPG solution. I think I'll send away for some of that. Other suggestions are again welcome, though.