Takashi Tsuji FAQ Document

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The research this FAQ pertains to isn't all that relevant to us. The IPS study is geared more towards bioengineering skin.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
So a lot of the science is going over my head, but why does it seem like he's focusing now on in vitro..? I don't understand, did he give an answer for why he can't just do what he did in mice to humans now? Why does it seem like he's focusing now on other things when he just made a huge breakthrough in the in vivo transplantation?

Am I getting this all wrong??

- - - Updated - - -

The research this FAQ pertains to isn't all that relevant to us. The IPS study is geared more towards bioengineering skin.

Very odd considering it was conducted by the administrator of the most popular hair loss forum. Now I just have so many more questions..

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've asked this before but I think it's worth repeating.

So I would hazard a guess that most guys on here still have a lot of their existing hair left and suffer from thinning of that existing hair.

If Dr. Takashi is successful in developing a hair cloning treatment for humans subjects, will it have any directly positive effect whatsoever on existing thinning hair/diffuse hairloss?

I don't think anyone knows the answer to this question at the present time, but I hope we can pass this message onto Dr. Takashi somehow. He has probably thought about this already but it would be worth asking him all the same so that he tests it on thinning scalps as well as totally bald scalps.

Cells are cells and so we might hope it has a positively effect on existing hair as well. The idea scenario would be immunization of existing follicles.

We know that replicel/shiseido are approaching it from the angle of rejuvenating existing hair follicles. However I feel that Tsuji's proposed technology has a greater chance of success.

Imagine if shiseido's treatment borrowed from replicel turned out to be ineffective and Tsuji's treatment did not effect existing follicles? It would be a cure for completely bald guys but not for all other intermediate thinners.

Swooping what do you think?

Dales

Reaction score
I've asked this before but I think it's worth repeating.

So I would hazard a guess that most guys on here still have a lot of their existing hair left and suffer from thinning of that existing hair.

If Dr. Takashi is successful in developing a hair cloning treatment for humans subjects, will it have any directly positive effect whatsoever on existing thinning hair/diffuse hairloss?

I don't think anyone knows the answer to this question at the present time, but I hope we can pass this message onto Dr. Takashi somehow. He has probably thought about this already but it would be worth asking him all the same so that he tests it on thinning scalps as well as totally bald scalps.

Cells are cells and so we might hope it has a positively effect on existing hair as well. The idea scenario would be immunization of existing follicles.

We know that replicel/shiseido are approaching it from the angle of rejuvenating existing hair follicles. However I feel that Tsuji's proposed technology has a greater chance of success.

Imagine if shiseido's treatment borrowed from replicel turned out to be ineffective and Tsuji's treatment did not effect existing follicles? It would be a cure for completely bald guys but not for all other intermediate thinners.

Swooping what do you think?

Why wouldn't it be a cure for intermediate thinners ?

You will just have to do multiple sessions and touch ups as your natural hair loss progresses.

You can also probably remove thinning hair with laser and have a procedure on a slick bald head.

I don't think it will have any positive effect on existing hair and I think that you worry too much.

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow read their answer to question 11. They are aiming to begin human trials in 10 years. Add another 3 phases of trials spanning 8-10 years and we're looking at 2036 for market release. Replicel better deliver or we're FUBARed

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow read their answer to question 11. They are aiming to begin human trials in 10 years. Add another 3 phases of trials spanning 8-10 years and we're looking at 2036 for market release. Replicel better deliver or we're FUBARed
This is for IPS cell skin regeneration, not stem cell germ hair regeneration. Tsuji is aiming for 2020 human trials for his hair specific studies.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

irishlad87

Established Member
Reaction score
Essentially this is useless for current nw2/3 and above norwoods who are still losing hair on current treatments as most of us on here dont want to be bald before a cure is out.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Essentially this is useless for current nw2/3 and above norwoods who are still losing hair on current treatments as most of us on here dont want to be bald before a cure is out.
Why is it useless? You don't think people will be able to maintain for 7ish years?

- - - Updated - - -

And would you rather be bald forever or have hope that soon enough you'll have a teenage NW0?

irishlad87

Established Member
Reaction score
I said people that are still losing ground like me for example it is useless. If the trials are starting in 2020 it will be at minimum 2022 before its out at which point i will be significantly bald. Personally where i am from it would be big news if somebody got a hair transplant hence why i dont want to go bald before a treatment comes out to recover my hair.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I said people that are still losing ground like me for example it is useless. If the trials are starting in 2020 it will be at minimum 2022 before its out at which point i will be significantly bald. Personally where i am from it would be big news if somebody got a hair transplant hence why i dont want to go bald before a treatment comes out to recover my hair.
I'm probably gonna hop on finasteride in a year and a half. Hopefully I can maintain for 5-7 years. I don't want to get to a noticeable level of baldness. My only short term hopes are brotzu, replicel, and follica.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude just jump on finasteride now if you're gonna try it. I did the whole "I'll give it some time" because I was afraid of sides and it got really aggressive randomly. At least try micro dosing if you're considering it - you'll regret waiting if you suddenly drop a lot.
I'm only 17.

irishlad87

Established Member
Reaction score
im 28 on finasteride 2 years, at best it may have slowed my loss but certainly not stopped it. Im in the category i dont know how bad i would be if i wasnt on it. Its no wonder drug i can tell you that but i have had no sexual sides i notice. Im really hopeful that brotzu lotion or samumed will have good news this year.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im 28 on finasteride 2 years, at best it may have slowed my loss but certainly not stopped it. Im in the category i dont know how bad i would be if i wasnt on it. Its no wonder drug i can tell you that but i have had no sexual sides i notice. Im really hopeful that brotzu lotion or samumed will have good news this year.
What Norwood are you currently?

irishlad87

Established Member
Reaction score
nw3 i think. i have thick forelock and crown but i have to say i a m dissapointed with my results on finasteride.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
nw3 i think. i have thick forelock and crown but i have to say i a m dissapointed with my results on finasteride.

I'm in the same boat, but I've been on finasteride for 10 years... I'm 30 as of a few weeks ago and I feel like finasteride has run its course... I seem to be losing more ground now than I ever have which is unfortunate... Im hoping Follica, replicell, or histogen can bridge me to a cure if they don't end up becoming one of sorts. I think finasteride works, but I've consistently lost even while on it just not at the same rate as I likely would've which is the general idea of it...