Tagamet for Hair Loss??

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Just read that Tagamet, the stomach drug, has been shown to be an effective blocker of DHT. Has anyone else heard this?

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This doesnt have to do with the topic but its nice to see you posting again....you were a big poster when you starter then fell off the face of the planet...

Is your hairloss being controlled?

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Blue........it's good to be back. My hair loss is under control, holding steady. Thanks for asking. How's your regimen working out?

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dont have one at the moment just the nizoral........i quit minoxidil and spironolactone after around 4 or som months of treatment...

my hairloss is very slow right now ...and im pretty much just waiting till i need to start with something .......right now im trying to get my life together .....thats more important then hair at this point

hairnow

Reaction score
X50,

I've heard this. I don't know that is't true, but my impression was that the anti-androgenic effect is relatively weak that would not be nearly as effective at blocking DHT as finasteride.

There may also be problems with long term use of cimetidine. It's not recommended that anyone use Tagamet for more than 8 weeks at a time. The main effect, H2 blocking, might create problems if you don't have a medical need for it.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i herd giving random people on the street blowjobs can help fight hairloss

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
gonna_win..............you gotta lose with that attitude. If your posts were funny they would be tolerable, but your posting nonsense that justs wastes others time.