Tactical506's Story - (24 /Just out of the Army)

TeamCatfish

Reaction score
Re: tactical506's Story; just out of the Army (24)

Mate I think you look 100% natural.

Is there any sign of miniaturisation?

Tom1985

Established Member
Reaction score

Man you're not going bald. Stop being paranoid.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score

Tom1985 said:
Man you're not going bald. Stop being paranoid.

Dude, don't lie to this guy. It is clear he came on here for support.

Tactical, get on every drug in Finfighter's link and FAST. You're well on your way to an NW7. I give it a year.

Ponte

Reaction score

Haha, well thank you for the replies, regardless if they're in jest...and no, I'm not being paranoid. And like I said, while I understand that it's not a severe case, if I'm noticing thinning in the front and there's the shape of recession on the sides, then shouldn't I put stop to it by using SOME form of treatment? I plan on picking up Nizoral today because I do experience flaking in the summer, and it's supposed to be good for treating hair loss, but would Rogaine benefit me as far as getting more volume up front, as well as possibly regrowing back some of the hairs on the side, kind of getting rid of that curved "M" shape my hair line makes?

Ponte

Reaction score
Would there be anything negative to happen if I started using Rogaine Max. Strength without consulting a derma?

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
People throw around the term 'mature hairline' fairly frequently around here, far too often in my view but then I'm quite aggressive about catching hair loss early as opposed to being conservative.

With that in mind though, this to me is a perfect example of a hairline maturing. His hairline has probably regressed slightly and he has loss a little triangle area from both sides of the hairline, but he isn't balding, it's just the hairline taking shape as he has gotten a little older.

Keep an eye on it, but I personally don't think you need to start any form of treatment as the moment.

Ponte

Reaction score
If there's somewhat of a chance of the hairline regressing even further, and the fact that my grandfather has noticeable recession and frontal thinning, never mind the fact that my uncles have extreme thinning and hair loss on top of their head, wouldn't Rogaine put a halt to any further loss?

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
tactical506 said:
If there's somewhat of a chance of the hairline regressing even further, and the fact that my grandfather has noticeable recession and frontal thinning, never mind the fact that my uncles have extreme thinning and hair loss on top of their head, wouldn't Rogaine put a halt to any further loss?

Assuming you have MBP, then no. Rogaine is a growth agent, it regrows lost hair but it doesn't actually address the cause of the problem, that is it has no effect on DHT levels (unlike Propecia).