T-Gel and/or ketoconazol 2%

karpov

Reaction score
I've read from few users that using both shampoos is not good for the scalp. This users sugest using only one of both 2-3 times a week combined with a normal shampoo for the rest of the days (Head & Shoulders sensitive, for example).

I have to say that before reading this I've been feeling my scalp a bit irritated, but I can't say sure if it's from the T-Gel or the ketoconazol one cause I started using both the same day. What's your oppinion? Both shampoos too much? In this case, which one would you reccomend me?

Thanks.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If your scalp is irritated and you could only use one I would say to just use the keto shampoo. It has more science backing it up for hair loss. Personally, I use both (but I have scalp issues that need to be taken care of). All in all though, as long as you're using a shampoo that will address the inflammation problem, you'll be fine.

ginner

Established Member
Reaction score
I use T-Gel because it's the best thing I've found for my scalp. I don't use it for any anti-male pattern baldness properties. I use ketoconazole 2% mainly for male pattern baldness, but I also find it helps my scalp. In my own personal experience there is no harm in using these shampoos. In fact, they are all I use. I'm not aware of any evidence showing that long term use of T-Gel (or similar products) is harmful but I think people should keep in mind the recommendation (on the nizoral bottle) not to use it for more than 8 weeks. Yes, I've used it for more than 8 weeks and it hasn't done me any harm, but I still think people should be mindful of that warning before using it as a treatment.

I have also regularly used both T-Gel and Nizoral on the same day, using the T-Gel first and then applying the nizoral for 5 minutes. Not a problem in my experience.

Sean68

Reaction score
thats to clear up dandruff. i use both but not on consecutive days. youve just got to be sensible really.