T.e Hell, Is It Really Androgenetic Alopecia I've Had Enough

Anna Butcher

My Regimen
Reaction score
My story is one of those long ones, I was ill last year Oct 2017 to January 2018 at the end of this time I started to notice more hair on my brush, and my husband made comments on the hair in the drain. I went into panic mode and off I went to the drs, they said I had T.E from being ill for so long, my hair was seen as something my body didn't need, I had to be ok with this answer but still felt very anxious about it all the time, I started to get anxiety attacks, in a swimming teacher as well which doesn't help. I went back to the drs and was out on tablets to deal with my anxiety, and again was told not to worry. I then obviously did all the searching the internet and changing my diet ect ect, and what has kept me going was seeing tiny hairs growing back all the time BUT I was still shedding but not the normal hand fulls you read about just shedding when ever I washed or pulled my hair. I got my hair cut short and that did help, after 6 months I went to see a Trichologist and paid for it myself. He put my mind ease, explained it was T.E after looking through my sculp with a camera and then checking the regrowth, he didn't offer to put me on any hair growth shampoos ect and said he was 99.9% sure it wasnt Androgenetic Alopecia . And if it was it would be in its early, early, early phase, told me to keep in touch and carry on.
Funny that although I've been told all the right things I'm still shedding, and my hair is diffuse all over, my hairline was hit hard and my temples have very slightly filled in. I can't help but feel like I'm dealing with Androgenetic Alopecia as I'm worried any regrowth is now minuterized, my dad has been lossing hair for 30 years but
slowly and my brother started losing hair in his twenties how ever all the women have been fine and I'm petrified this is now me starting the line! I've always had a very full head of hair, this is just heartbreaking, non of my friends understand and I'm scared for the future my poor husband and child seeing me an emotional wreck all the time. I'm off for blood tests this week because I can't live a life like this anymore! Oh and also have a case of bad dry skin all over my head now to! Brilliant

K505

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have went to 3 doctors and none of them knew anything more than i did, when i noticed my hair loss i knew it could had been other things, maybe it wasn't androgenic alopecia, but the more i researched, the more i came to the conclusion that i had androgenic alopecia, which i am pretty sure i do have, so, do your own research also, be your own doctor.

I don't know much about female hair loss but other members know more.

I know how it feels like, to lose your f*****g hair, and the damn soul crushing depression, but in this case, it does sound like T.E (you even got the camera view) so i think your trichologist is right, but showing pictures would definitely give you some good opinions here, but that's up to you.
But when it comes to hair, you need patience, so they say...

Good Luck, may the hair gods be with you.

Anna Butcher

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, I've been on two different forums since this began and only had 2 respnoses and your one of them. I've since been to my Trichologist again and had my ferritin checked. He fully believes it isn't Androgenetic Alopecia as it's all over loss and I have lots of regrowth, he checked with his camera all around and again told me he wouldn't offer me any products as he feels it's just a case of time. I've just had my hair cut very short and dyed naturally and can see the baby coloured by the dye. Fingers crossed I can come back in 9months with some good before and after photos to help other people going through this. But I'm also at a stage of feeling like I can't let this take over my life, weather it will sort it's self out or not. I have a little boy to look after a supportive husband and apart from this hair crap I'm healthy and that's what Im trying to focus on although trust me I know it's NOT that easy, it's shocking how hair can make you feel, it's been a rollocoaster of a year! May the hair god's be with also! Xx

K505

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i am also healthy, but i would trade some health for hair hehehe.
It sounds like things are going to turn alright for you Anna, Armando Jose thinks that it is T.E as well.
Let us know how it went.

May Odin's beard be with you.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to see a Trichologist and paid for it myself. He put my mind ease, explained it was T.E after looking through my sculp with a camera and then checking the regrowth, he didn't offer to put me on any hair growth shampoos ect and said he was 99.9% sure it wasnt Androgenetic Alopecia

In order to checking the regrowth, the Trichologist need take two photographs with a lapse of one week. Was it your case?