Synthetic hair

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My mum has sooooooo much hair!!!!!!!! And it’s the same colour.

All I’m saying is that if it worked it wouldn’t be desperate it’d be farking sweet!

Yea, if it worked that would be great. It would be a cure for baldness.

And it might work in a sense.

I think Jahoda's experiments a couple decades ago demonstrated that the hair cells (not the entire follicles" are immuno-protected. I think that means you might not have an allergic response if you had someone else's hair cells injected into your scalp. For the life of me I don't know why nobody is experimenting with injecting just the hair cells into someone else's scalp.

https://www.nature.com/news/1999/991104/full/news991104-12.html

I think they might be able to cure hair loss by transplanting hair cells from one person to another but nobody has tried it.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be interesting if we had a way of injecting artificial hairs ourselves. And they would fall out every month or so. So then you’d have to go through the monthly process of reinserting them. Like imagine a derma pen which takes from a supply of hairs and injects them into your scalp. Since these aren’t super long term it should minimize scarring/infection.

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be interesting if we had a way of injecting artificial hairs ourselves. And they would fall out every month or so. So then you’d have to go through the monthly process of reinserting them. Like imagine a derma pen which takes from a supply of hairs and injects them into your scalp. Since these aren’t super long term it should minimize scarring/infection.

I would not inject artificial hairs into myself. It would be dangerous. It wouldn't be much different from sticking pieces of plastic into your arm. Do you really think that's something you should try to do - just stick pieces of plastic into yourself? You either don't understand what you're talking about or you're crazy. You could die.

I think it's safer to focus on cells from other people since the Jahoda study I posted above shows safety and efficacy.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not inject artificial hairs into myself. It would be dangerous. It wouldn't be much different from sticking pieces of plastic into your arm. Do you really think that's something you should try to do - just stick pieces of plastic into yourself? You either don't understand what you're talking about or you're crazy. You could die.

I think it's safer to focus on cells from other people since the Jahoda study I posted above shows safety and efficacy.
I mean we regularly pierce ourselves with metal, or tattoo ourselves or insert invasive procedure here. The only way to would be life threatening is if it caused infections.

luca10

Established Member
Reaction score
How can it be that in so many years there has been no real progress? The problem with this is the depth of the graft, it is a matter of time that brings problems.

An advance in capillary micropigmentation, which becomes micro hair, you have to be able to see a minimum of hair to be acceptable, the painted head does not change anything.

I'm tired of looking for a real cure, that will take a long time, we need something different.

Sorry if something was not understood, I am writing with the translator.

Thank you for reading.

luca10

Established Member
Reaction score
So crazy is what I'm asking for? That each one comes out a micro hair and you have to do it every few months.
I don't want a painting, I want to feel something to the touch.

scalp-tattoo-unyozibeauty.jpg

Last edited: