Sydney's Story - (21) - UPDATED PICs PG 5

Reaction score
Re: Sydney's Story - (21)

Started on the minoxidil today. I guess here is where I start the lifelong commitment to my hair regrowth.

Reaction score
So I mentioned a while back that I took pictures and I'd upload 'em.

Here they are. These are from the end of June, so 4 months on nizoral/finasteride.

I just started minoxidil right after.

There isn't much that these pictures show, other than the hair that I do have being thicker and how much hair I don't have near the front of my head.

I'm really hoping the minoxidil sparks some growth in this area....or do you guys think it's just a lost cause at this point?

photo10vz.jpg

photo11a.jpg

photo12bd.jpg

Crown
photo13lv.jpg

photo14c.jpg

Reaction score
I won't be buzzing my hair, but ill take updated pictures eventually. My hairline continues to get worse, but my hair is MUCH thicker than ever before, and I've noticed tiny hairs coming in. Will post pictures soon.

By the way, I can NOT maintain a full erection any more.

I went a month without having a full erection, until I met my girlfriend again, but even when we were together it wasn't the way it use to be.

Kind of sucks, but seems the hormonal changes caught up to me.

I know I've read everywhere that people can't maintain the old erections they once had, but I didn't think it'd happen to me since I didn't notice in until the 5th month.

I'd advise anyone else reading this to consider whether or not hair maintenance is more important than being able to work efficiently down there.

Reaction score
Quick question. I have hairloss above where my side burns are. I read before that it could be related to some disease of sorts. But I forgot what. Anyone care to assist me?

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

6 month update.

Hair is thicker. MUCH thicker. I'm VERY pleased with the results. I see baby hairs coming in from the minoxidil. VERY pleased with that as well. When a major change comes into place I'll take new pictures, but 6 months with finasteride and everything is fine.

SimianDysfunction

Reaction score
Did you ever get your bloods checked? Loosing hair on the sides of your head is not typical of male pattern baldness at all really.

Reaction score
Hello everyone! It's been quite the long journey, and I still have a ways to go, but for now I can say that I've been extremely successful thanks to finasteride + nizoral.

It is almost Nov, so I've been on finasteride for about 8 months. My hair is noticeably thicker, Much more so than it was earlier in the year.

Sorry for not updating as much, but it's hard to post consistently on something that takes such a long time to notice a sort of progression :p

So anyway,

8 months on finasteride+nizoral

Hair has been MUCH MUCH thicker, and now I can walk around without feeling ashamed or embarrassed.

The thing is, as I've mentioned numerous times before, my hair is very spread out, so I don't have lots of hair in every single area of my scalp (which is visible from the earlier pictures.)

So NO real regrowth YET (I'll get to that in a second) but for the hairs that were originally there, they've grown much thicker/healthier/shinier, and gah, I'm mostly satisfied :)

Minoxidil

4 Months

Alright, I'd be lying if I said I'm consistent with this product. I use it almost every night, but some nights I forget, so I'll go 2-3 days without applying the product. It's really a pain to be honest. I see baby hairs growing near my hairline which makes me happy! But I'm scared they won't become full hairs. I could do more research on this but meh.

I'm getting a new camera later in the week, so I'll take updated pictures, but for now you all can read this story and see it as a success for the most part :D

hweiror

Reaction score
SydneyLosstarot said:
Hello everyone! It's been quite the long journey, and I still have a ways to go, but for now I can say that I've been extremely successful thanks to finasteride + nizoral.

looking forward to pics. please post. :punk: :punk:

Reaction score
Can't believe its been a whole year since I started this thread.

I use finasteride every day still, no more minoxidil. I use nizoral sparingly.

finasteride hasn't done wonders, but it sure helped. No side effects for me, and my hair is intact. Like I said before it's still thin but at least its intact....

If you're on the fence, I'd say take the plunge....

Reaction score
Been a year and some time on the finasteride and NOW the sides are kicking in hard. I'm contemplating coming off the drug.

I have difficulty using my stuff. Majorrr complications. It has been like this for a month or so now. I'm not sexually active at the moment so I don't care too much but I mean...I don't want to lose it completely.....

Reaction score
Okay.

I can't put a blind eye to the sides any more.

No more random erections. Can barely get it up without forcing myself. Extreme lethargy and fatigue. Extreme brain fog.

Can't deal with this any more. I'm going to get off the drug for a few months, cut my hair extremely short and go from there.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Time to investigate RU? It can be just as effective as Propecia but less chance of sides.

I've heard some people suggest it's worth weaning your way off Propecia as well, and maybe taking some zinc to help with the sides.

<<edit >>

actually it sounds like your testosterone levels were previously very high, I'd possibly be careful with the zinc