Syd Barret Hairstyle, Is It Possible?

Rick Dalton

My Regimen
Reaction score
My first experience with a hair system was bad. It was a side parted system and it looked really fake from the front. It was stubbornly locked into side-parted style if I tried a free flowing forehead-covered front style, and it was unnaturally raised from the front because of high density.

I am thinking of getting a freestyle system with graduated hairline. I have thick and long sides and back hair, do you think I can pull this off?

images.jpg
Syd-Barrett-syd-barrett-37265868-1280-861.jpg
The-short-film-following-Pink-Floyd-founder-Syd-Barretts-first-acid-trip2.jpeg

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Yes. Good messy style that won't have a problem even if you misalign the system (which is easy, because the long hair will block your view), won't have a problem with blending either. Quite undetectable to touch as well, because it's a big mess anyway. Only when you've misaligned it so bad that the edge can't be glued down, it becomes somewhat detectable to touch, but the messiness still helps with that.

Rick Dalton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Good messy style that won't have a problem even if you misalign the system (which is easy, because the long hair will block your view), won't have a problem with blending either. Quite undetectable to touch as well, because it's a big mess anyway. Only when you've misaligned it so bad that the edge can't be glued down, it becomes somewhat detectable to touch, but the messiness still helps with that.
Good to hear, I'll go for it. Will order my system in a few days from Hairclub (it's a popular men's clinic here in my country). I never had a problem of alignment because the guys at Hairclub are experts. But then again, I wore only a side parted system, not sure if alignment is difficult with a freestyle long hair system.

I have looked on the internet for a freestyle long hair system worn by a man and so far, I haven't seen one picture, probably because most men like to keep it short.

Tell me, should I order this system [picture below] in freestyle? (wore it 1.5 years ago for 6 months, only problem was the density was too much, front hairline looked fake). Or should I get it in a lower density? What about a graduated hairline, will I still be able to pull off Syd Barret style as well as a little raised from the front and hair covering the forehead from the temples?

IMAG0371.jpg

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Good to hear, I'll go for it. Will order my system in a few days from Hairclub (it's a popular men's clinic here in my country). I never had a problem of alignment because the guys at Hairclub are experts. But then again, I wore only a side parted system, not sure if alignment is difficult with a freestyle long hair system.

I have looked on the internet for a freestyle long hair system worn by a man and so far, I haven't seen one picture, probably because most men like to keep it short.

Tell me, should I order this system [picture below] in freestyle? (wore it 1.5 years ago for 6 months, only problem was the density was too much, front hairline looked fake). Or should I get it in a lower density? What about a graduated hairline, will I still be able to pull off Syd Barret style as well as a little raised from the front and hair covering the forehead from the temples?

View attachment 129675
Raised from the front, yet temples covered?

The thinner and graduated, the better.

This haircut looks so good I would also like to wear it. But it's not conservative enough unfortunately. No conservative haircut hides the hairline sadly.

Rick Dalton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Raised from the front, yet temples covered?

The thinner and graduated, the better.

This haircut looks so good I would also like to wear it. But it's not conservative enough unfortunately. No conservative haircut hides the hairline sadly.
I am glad you like my haircut, but yeah sadly, this style make hair look unnatural at the hairline.

What I mean by raised from front is just a very very slight raise and yet covers most of my forehead.
My natural hair in 2015 : (Is this possible with a freestyle system with graduated hairline?)

IMG_20150801_172226.jpg
IMG_20170201_173646.jpg

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I am glad you like my haircut, but yeah sadly, this style make hair look unnatural at the hairline.

What I mean by raised from front is just a very very slight raise and yet covers most of my forehead.
My natural hair in 2015 : (Is this possible with a freestyle system with graduated hairline?)

View attachment 129818 View attachment 129819
I meant the actor. His haircut is so cool and I wish I could wear it as well, if it only were acceptable. Probably doesn't just suit me either.

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have good side and neckhair it should be possible