swollen head?

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

I was told that my head would get swollen 2 days after the procedure using strip

WEll Can anyone post a pic of what the swollen head looks like?? Is it bad?

CAn we still at least go out in public? just having our faces look a bit redder then normal? Let me know! Thnx

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
The swelling can be very severe, to the point of your eyes closing. You may also get black eyes. It all depends . Plan for the worst and hope for the best. Remember this is invasive surgey. It is very much downplayed. There are things you can do to minimize this . But ultimately its a crap shoot. Also your face won't be red but your scalp will be.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
okay my surgery is on may first and I will be leaving taking a train home may 4th from the city

the doctors seem to think ill be okay to travel well if my heads a swollen pumkin I dont see how thats possible?

SS

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Well thats semantics for ya. You will be able to travel but you mught look like an alien too.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
OK so accorind to my dates Technically I will be leaving the hotel on the 4th POST OOP DAY correct? SO usually most of the swelling will be gone by this time?

I hear its horrible on the 2nd day (day after the OP)

Help me out here thanks for ur response man

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
No the second day there isn't any it usually starts on day 3-4. Thats why they take the post-op the next day. It will peak on day 4.

G

Mahair is right. Have you guys ever heard of the 3/3 rule?

The swelling usually will set in on the third day post-op and then linger for another three days, then subsides. There are some variances to this depending on how you respond to the surgery.

Ask your doctor about the use of steroids, namely Prednisone, to help reduce the swelling. Also ask about their opinion on applying ice packs to the forehead post-op wihout touching the grafts.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay chad said I should be good to go home may fourth on the train

ANyways HOpefully hes right and u guys are wrong i dont wanna be a big pumkinhead on the train lol :hairy:

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
everything has already been booked because i did not think i would need it? Its a 2.5 hour train ride which should not be bad?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just to be on the safe side, you should really have someone travel with you. With all that swelling your equilibrium may be off and you could experience some vertigo and possibly fall and injure yourself.

You can apply ice in the form of a eye mask. You can pick one up at GNC. It works great around the eye area which may be an area that is affected. All and all it is harmless post surgical swelling. The doctor will give you anti inflammatory meds to address it.

Best of luck man.

s.a.f

Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
With all that swelling your equilibrium may be off and you could experience some vertigo and possibly fall and injure yourself.

Its not that bad!