Switching To Water-based White Glue; Coming From Tape, I Have Some Questions

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tape's extremely easy to use but, unfortunately, it irritates my skin causing dermatitis.

Frankly, I'm not upset.

I felt, given that I've been wearing lace wigs, the tape made things too detectable.

I'm starting with Ghostbond XL (since the Amazon version comes w applicators etc), more to see if I'm sensitive to it or not.

(I've been, of late, using Got2B Yellow Tube, which, to me is better than the Black, although they're nearly the same in terms of function (minimal hold).

This has gotten me accustomed to using liquid adhesive over tape, and I prefer the former, as I can get my lace down right down to my skin, with no puffiness. They work so well, but require markedly different drying times/hair dryer work each.

Plus I can extend past the the perimeter of my toupee's lace, meaning, I can get everything the piece on perfectly tightly.

II.

Questions: Should I merely do perimeter w white glue/Ghost Bond XL, or should I really do every part of my scalp where the toupee falls?

Given excessive glue use, how can I easily remove it?

I mean, if I overextend the amount of glue I use on my forehead, and some lands below my lace, how can I easily remove it? Is it just an alcohol matter, or should I use something oily and waxy, like Vaseline? (which I think C22 basilly is)?

Thanks.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I do the recommended 4 layers on the perimeter and in the centre parts I may skip a layer or 2.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tape's extremely easy to use but, unfortunately, it irritates my skin causing dermatitis.

Frankly, I'm not upset.

I felt, given that I've been wearing lace wigs, the tape made things too detectable.

I'm starting with Ghostbond XL (since the Amazon version comes w applicators etc), more to see if I'm sensitive to it or not.

(I've been, of late, using Got2B Yellow Tube, which, to me is better than the Black, although they're nearly the same in terms of function (minimal hold).

This has gotten me accustomed to using liquid adhesive over tape, and I prefer the former, as I can get my lace down right down to my skin, with no puffiness. They work so well, but require markedly different drying times/hair dryer work each.

Plus I can extend past the the perimeter of my toupee's lace, meaning, I can get everything the piece on perfectly tightly.

II.

Questions: Should I merely do perimeter w white glue/Ghost Bond XL, or should I really do every part of my scalp where the toupee falls?

Given excessive glue use, how can I easily remove it?

I mean, if I overextend the amount of glue I use on my forehead, and some lands below my lace, how can I easily remove it? Is it just an alcohol matter, or should I use something oily and waxy, like Vaseline? (which I think C22 basilly is)?

Thanks.
Did you try the ghost bond? Hoe did it go as far as dermatitis?