Switching Minoxidil Strengths From Higher To Lower

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some advice, I've been using 5% minoxidil liquid with AA for AM and 10% minoxidil with AA in the PM. I was wondering if I stopped using both and switched to regular Regaine foam would it cause any loss of my gains?

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Its a very good question, and i i have been thinking about that myself. There is as far as i can see no research that can verify if it would work or not.

I have kept on using 10%, and i will stick to it, i dont want to risk losing any of the gains made.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think these companies that offer us 10% concentrations snooker us because as the hair becomes dependent on it how would we use any other products as we are limited for choice in the 10% options in the UK...

Bryan - you're one of the poster who's replies I've been reading before I joined the forum, could you chime in with your knowledge on this please??

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you dermarolling, that's pretty much a must these days for topical minoxidil imo. Should be renamed the big four.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you dermarolling, that's pretty much a must these days for topical minoxidil imo. Should be renamed the big four.

No im not? Is it really that effective? Should I have realistically started at 5% minoxidil twice a day and then gone on to 10%? The mistake I made was I tried avoiding finasteride and the belgravia centre said to apply 10% on the temple and crown as this would treat stubborn hair loss without the finasteride.

Dan77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I didn't want to open a new thread since my question is similar to the original poster : if I use Rogaine 5% foam in the morning and Minoxidil 10% solution in the evening will that be a problem ?
Right now I'm using 5% both in the morning and in the evening but I'm not completely satisfied with foam, I think a lot sticks to my hair and give it an appearance of "dusty" , it makes hairs rigid , stiff...I know solution will make it oily probably and that's why I plan to use it in the evenings

thanks for advice

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you get hold of 10% solution? I thought the max possible via solution is 8%?

Dan77

My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you get hold of 10% solution? I thought the max possible via solution is 8%?

Well it was recommended to me by reuters, he has also posted on this thread a couple of posts above :)
It's Tugain Minoxidil 10% produced by Cipla (an Indian pharma company). You can find it on ebay from various traders (most of them from India so you'll probably have to pay custom VAT and/or taxes depending where you are).
I only started yesterday, apply 1 ml in the evening and in the morning I will stick to Rogaine foam. This Tugain solution is a bit oily so that's why I plan to use it only in the evening

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m using the belgravia 10% minoxidil cream but now that I’ve started this cream, I can’t come off and switch back to 5% can I? As they have cleverly got me in a corner

Martius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been using 5% minoxidil liquid with AA for AM and 10% minoxidil with AA in the PM. I was wondering if I stopped using both and switched to regular Regaine foam would it cause any loss of my gains?
I can tell you my experience: I tried several different minoxidil products in the past and 3 years ago i switched from 15 % back to 5 % and it worked out. I didn't loose more hair. For sure your body and skin gets used to minoxidil over time and it might not work as good as in the beginning but that's another story. Hope this helps you.

Norbert Münz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can tell you my experience: I tried several different minoxidil products in the past and 3 years ago i switched from 15 % back to 5 % and it worked out. I didn't loose more hair. For sure your body and skin gets used to minoxidil over time and it might not work as good as in the beginning but that's another story. Hope this helps you.
How long did you use the 15% before you switched to 5%??