switching minoxidil brands

dek

Reaction score
I have been using minoxidil (actual rogaine 5%) for about 2 and a half months now and it has been very effective in thickening up hair all over the top of my head as well as improving the hairline by thickening up the thinner light hairs that made up the line. i am very pleased with these results but I want to save money by ordering a cheaper version of minoxidil. however, i am really excited about my results so far and dont want to mess with whats working so...has anyone had problems after switching brands? no problems? thanks a lot

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
Kirkland minoxidil is the same as Rogaine, it’s made by the same company, and it’s cheaper.

You shouldn’t have any problems. Even if you switch to another brand, minoxidil is minoxidil after all.

Why don’t you try out the new foam? It’s only $12.5 for one month supply.

dek

Reaction score
thanks, i appreciate your responce, but I know all the things that "should" happen. finasteride also "should" have helped me, but was a huge waste of money for me. I am looking for people who have actually made the switch to get first hand proof of this continued effectiveness.