Switching From Topical To Oral Minoxidil. | HairLossTalk Forums

Switching From Topical To Oral Minoxidil.

Discussion in 'Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin,' started by Kruno, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Kruno

Kruno Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey everyone,I am thinking about switching from topical to oral minoxidil because topical has became a real pain in the ass for me.I want to wash my hair every second day but since im using topical i need to wash it every single day,and most of the time i put too much minoxidil on my head so it is a waste of money.I have an SD and It is making things worse.Will I start to lose my gains from topical or everything will stay the same?I will not quit topical but I will only use it on temples and crown.

2. Kruno

Kruno Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Im currently using topical all over the top and I want to apply it only on temples and crown.

3. Alex Contee

Alex Contee Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You want to do A LOT of research before you do this. Oral Minoxidil can be dangerous for your heart and cause other health issues. Doctors prescribe it as a last ditch option for blood pressure. However, if your blood pressure is fine, your blood pressure will drop too low and your body will compensate by speeding up your heart rate. Doctors prescribe it with a diuretic and beta blocker to help with fluid retention and slow the heart. It can also mess with collagen and impact your skin.

I think some people have benefited from Oral Minoxidil. But really think about what you are getting yourself into. I would try it almost as a lost resort. And even then only with other meds to counter sides and a heart rate monitor.

Edit: Why do you not want to wash your hair everyday? If it is hair quality reasons you can try baby shampoo or washing with only conditioner. It is all anecdotal but there evidence on forums that people have lost hair when dropping topical for oral. Do you use liquid or foam? If you are only applying to a small area foam might be more convenient and less messy.

#3 Alex Contee, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018