Switching from topical minoxidil to sublingual minoxidil

thekingofbomp

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys, I want to try to take minoxidil sublingually. I use 5% minoxidil topically but want to change to see if I get any side effects. I wanna use 2.5mg in the beginning, and I heard that that is one drop of topical minoxidil under the tongue. Is anyone out here using minoxidil like this? If anyone is I would like to ask them a few questions. Thanks in advance. Also is there tutorial on how to put it under the tongue or something?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys, I want to try to take minoxidil sublingually. I use 5% minoxidil topically but want to change to see if I get any side effects. I wanna use 2.5mg in the beginning, and I heard that that is one drop of topical minoxidil under the tongue. Is anyone out here using minoxidil like this? If anyone is I would like to ask them a few questions. Thanks in advance. Also is there tutorial on how to put it under the tongue or something?
0.25ml on the pipette is 12.5mg which is 10 drops on my pipette. If same applies to you then 1 drop is definately not 2.5mg. I swallow my minoxidil in a gelatin capsule.

thekingofbomp

My Regimen
Reaction score
0.25ml on the pipette is 12.5mg which is 10 drops on my pipette. If same applies to you then 1 drop is definately not 2.5mg. I swallow my minoxidil in a gelatin capsule.
20 drops on my pipette is 1ml. I measured it, so 1 drop on my pipette is 0.05ml which is 2.5mg of minoxidil, right?

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
20 drops on my pipette is 1ml. I measured it, so 1 drop on my pipette is 0.05ml which is 2.5mg of minoxidil, right?
This is my understanding of the calculated amount, based on what I've read from others.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I put it under the tongue, can I swallow it or something? What do I need to do?
Best to let it sit for several minutes before swallowing. This will allow the Minoxidil to be absorbed through the tissues under your tongue rather than going down your throat to your digestive tract. You will eventually have to swallow, but hold it under your tongue as long as you can stand.

thekingofbomp

My Regimen
Reaction score
Best to let it sit for several minutes before swallowing. This will allow the Minoxidil to be absorbed through the tissues under your tongue rather than going down your throat to your digestive tract. You will eventually have to swallow, but hold it under your tongue as long as you can stand.
Thanks. After 2-3 minutes I get like saliva and it feels like it goes above my tongue together with minoxidil. But I hope I am doing good.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you do as I described, a lot of it will be absorbed sublingually while some will go down your throat. It's OK.