Switching From Fincar To Generic Finasteride

sws1234

Reaction score
It has been years since i was in this forum. Cassin was a big help. Not sure if he is still around. I have been taking fincar cut into fourths from inhousepharmacy for the last 8 years. Minoxidil once a day because it makes my scalp flake, and nizoral. Maintained my hair pretty much although my hairline is slowly going where it is getting harder to conceal it with dermatch. Never had any side effects that I am aware of on fincar. Even had 2 kids while I took it. I just got a prescription from a doctor for generic finasteride for the first time and will be picking up the costco generic finasteride brand. I am a little worried reading and researching the side effects of permanant gyno and impotence and posts by people I googled. What if the fincar I took was fake and minixidol has been maintaining my hair? I don't know. How rare are the side effects to most people here. I know how people with success have disappeared and people with side effects tend to post more. Should I be worried the fincar was fake and I might get sides from something that is real and fda approved. Thanks in advance

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you are using a small amoint of finasteride, dissolve it in Vodka. It's easier to use and dose.

Finjunkie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny that fears tend to surface when reading the forums. I been taking Costco finasteride for years it's fine. Fill your Rx and stop reading the crazy bs on the internet

sws1234

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply finjunkie. Any results or just maintained? I always wondered if what I got from inhousepharmacy was legit. Also when cut into 4ths, fincar is never an equal dosage...wonder if there will be a difference with equal dosage like generic finasteride in 1 mg pills. Fincar did help slowdown hairloss but like I said..who knows if it was from minoxidil and that was fake. Just curious for the sake of discussion. I am pretty sure it was legit