Switching from finasteride to Revivogen/spironolactone...NEED ADVICE

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Guy,

Been on finasteride since Oct06, currently taking 1.25 mg EOD. I am looking to make a changeover to topical only, Revivogen..once daily, 5% spironolactone..twice daily.

Need to have a game plan on how to properly taper down on finasteride and how long should I do this before I can safely stop with hopefully no losses.
I doubt I have gotten too much benefit from finasteride yet, its only 4 months, but if I did I would like to keep as much as possible. Thanks.

Goingat20

Reaction score
finasteride doesnt have a long half life so you can just stop it.
You can use spironolactone morning and night, and reviv at night because ive read that it messy
Goodluck

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks goingat20. I know it will leave my system pretty quick and within a few weeks my hormone levels should be back to normal, but I do not want to have no protection while I wait for the topicals to take up the slack. I do not know how long this will take so I would hesistate from stopping finasteride all at once, I figure little by little would be safer to my hair. Just not sure of how long to do this before quitting all the finasteride. Any ideas, maybe someone has done the switch successfully.

Goingat20

Reaction score
since youve only been on finasteride for a few months i think its best if you just stop it. Just my thoughts..
goodluck mate