Switching From finasteride To Dus - Shred Question

Carl Rogerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking finasteride for the past 5 years and it halted my hair loss up until half a year ago when I started loosing a lot of hair daily and I continue to loose a lot of hair. I am only 25 and I am a norwood 2.5, however I am fairly certain the finasteride is the only reason I currently have any hair as my uncles and dad were all bald by my age. As I have began heavily loosing hair again I am now thinking of switching from finasteride to dutasteride. The one thing preventing me from making that switch is that I am worried that I will have a heavy shredding phrase once I finish the finasteride and loose all the hair on my head that the finasteride has kept for me. Or will the dutasteride prevent that from happening?

I appreciate all answers and antidotes as I know I need to do something if I want to keep my hair, however I also don't want to loose all my hair in the upcoming months.

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I switched from finasteride to dutasteride 6 months ago. Have been shedding like crazy ever since. I've been told to stick it out though and I've read some reports of users having a long shed before the hairloss finally abated. I have also read reports of people not getting any results. But I think you need to give any meds at least a year.