Switching back to liquid, Foam ruined my hairline - SORRY!

derekthepirate2006

Reaction score
Obviously I'm not saying EVERYONE should leave foam, but personally in the last 10 months it has absolutely destroyed my hairline, particularly the temples, with one in particular that has made me afraid to get my hair cut.

If anybody remembers, I posted once to start my regimen (was 2x Kirkland daily, 1 proscar, currently 2x Foam daily, 1 fincar) and was six months on liquid with fantastic results and no shed. I was even thinking perhaps the shed was an urban legend for people just losing their hair faster. I even took six month improvement pics. Then I heard about the foam.

Suffice to say, the foam has completely eaten my hairline, with the shed getting progressively worse. These days I wake up with a hairy pillow and can only watch as a few strays make the journey from the shower head to the plughole at the end of the bath. I know some will say "you should've rode it out" but I'm sorry, 10 months was long enough for me. My girlfriend only sees me once a month (studying overseas) and I'd be horrified if she did a double take - the hairloss is that dramatic.

Personally I'm too embarrassed to take a photo of my current hairline, particularly after claiming "success" but I have faith in Kirkland, I guess Foam just wasn't for me. I will alternate with Foam and Liquid to begin with (would a sudden shed be possible otherwise?). In any case, I will re-post in six months time. If I include pics, then you'll know it was working :)

PS. If there's one thing that I've really liked since joining and reading this forum, it's that the greatest feeling is knowing, that at least you're doing something about your hair loss. If you have no products, you have no chance. I personally hope I can get back that feeling of being in control after having been at the mercy of Foam for too long.

Ramboner

Reaction score
i totally feel your pain. I have a suspiscion that foam isn't working well for me either but in all fairness the liquid alternative is almost impossible (at least for me).