switched from pharmacy finasteride to online pharmacy...losing hair.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
Any one else have this happen? I was using tevo bran proscar from a local pharmacy and was having great results. After my script expired I started using finasteride I bought from inhouse pharmacy. Its been about 3-4 months and my hair has thinned out A LOT, especially in the crown. Ive used toppik while on the tevo brand and only had to use a little bit to cover up the thin area and now i have to cake it on. My hair seems a lot less healthy and lifeless. I know a lot of people swear by inhouse but the difference in my hair is undeniable. Has anyone else experienced a difference switching from local pharmacy to online pharmacy? I got my script refilled and am going to pick it up later today. I'll report back in a few months and let you all know if i notice a difference.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen a while back when i bought fincar from inhouse. The drugs I received were crap. I switched back to proscar and/or finast from united and my hair recovered

Leezer

Reaction score
Inhouse is among the most trusted online sources for drugs around here. I don't know where this stems from, is it from users' content with their products and services or somebody has an interest in promoting that pharmacy. I myself have never bought from them simply because they didn't ship to my country, otherwise I would probably be able to tell you my personal experience with their finasteride.

Also, it depends on which month you are. The hair appearance (even without taking finasteride) has some inner cycles. When you start taking the drug it seems these cycles become times more visible. So in one month your hair will look healthy, the next it will be like crapshit. If you are in 9th month, for example, many people will confirm they have experienced crapshitness of hair themselves (me included) and it may not be the drug that is the problem, only the natural cycle of your hair and treatment with finasteride.

It is your call. If it is not a problem, why don't you go back to brand propecia and end the discussion?

HughJass

Reaction score
Leezer said:
Inhouse is among the most trusted online sources for drugs around here. I don't know where this stems from, is it from users' content with their products and services or somebody has an interest in promoting that pharmacy.

I'll hazard a guess that it's because an average work day at their suppliers packaging faciility goes something like this:

"1 real one, 3 fake ones, 1 real one 3 fake ones"

:whistle:

Leezer

Reaction score
Many experienced posters around here state that it is more expensive to fake the finasteride than to make the real one, so there should actually be little insentive to sell fakes, but you can never be sure. That is why I started a thread about the way Fincar pills taste over different sellers/users, but unfortunately few people responded and no conclusion could safely be drawn.. :shakehead: