Swimming, Snorkeling, SCUBA... possible?

shishka

Reaction score
Just curious what products and techniques people use to go swimming, snorkeling, SCUBA diving, so on and if these are even possible.

I have been wearing for about 18 months with all glue bond with ghost bond platinum. It works decently well, but I've never stressed it with extensive swimming and whatnot. I'm going to the beach in a month and either need to figure out a way to make a hairpiece work with snorkeling and even SCUBA, otherwise I need to quickly come up with some excuses I guess.

Thanks everyone.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I did snorkeling without any problems. But I just in cased attached with both strong tape (right behind the front and side hairline and also in the middle if i remember correctly) and Ghostbond Platinum all whole area. I put the tape on top of 4 layers of glue. Was still quite strong when I removed it after having worn for 4 weeks and done snorkeling once and swimming in a pool head under water like 4 times.

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
I was chatting with my stylist about this the other day. He has been SCUBA diving and didn't have any issues.

Noah

Reaction score
Yeah, I have scuba dived several times without incident - not really an issue at all. My only comment is that you need to be careful when pulling the mask off that you don't pull the back of your system up by accident - stick your hand under the rubber band and then pull the band up over your hand to keep everything safe.

The only watersport I would have any concerns about is waterskiing, although I have done that too without problems. But I did worry slightly about the possibility of flipping out and being dragged along in the water at speed, and what effect that might have on my hairline.

I wear a lace unit. I think I would be more concerned about waterskiing with a skin unit. Lace doesn't really offer much resistance to the on-coming water, because the water can just flow through it. With skin, if water did manage to get under the base, it could create pressure and rip the base loose. I emphasise I am just speculating here, but it does seem to me that is more of an issue.

Noah

shishka

Reaction score
I did snorkeling without any problems. But I just in cased attached with both strong tape (right behind the front and side hairline and also in the middle if i remember correctly) and Ghostbond Platinum all whole area. I put the tape on top of 4 layers of glue. Was still quite strong when I removed it after having worn for 4 weeks and done snorkeling once and swimming in a pool head under water like 4 times.
Thanks. What type of tape did you use? I haven't had much luck with tape in the past - not sure why.

Yeah, I have scuba dived several times without incident - not really an issue at all. My only comment is that you need to be careful when pulling the mask off that you don't pull the back of your system up by accident - stick your hand under the rubber band and then pull the band up over your hand to keep everything safe.

The only watersport I would have any concerns about is waterskiing, although I have done that too without problems. But I did worry slightly about the possibility of flipping out and being dragged along in the water at speed, and what effect that might have on my hairline.

I wear a lace unit. I think I would be more concerned about waterskiing with a skin unit. Lace doesn't really offer much resistance to the on-coming water, because the water can just flow through it. With skin, if water did manage to get under the base, it could create pressure and rip the base loose. I emphasise I am just speculating here, but it does seem to me that is more of an issue.

Noah

Do you use just Ghost Bond? Does salt water break down the bond?

Thanks guys!

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Thanks. What type of tape did you use? I haven't had much luck with tape in the past - not sure why.

Do you use just Ghost Bond? Does salt water break down the bond?

Thanks guys!
I used Davlyn Blue Lace tape, but I think there was some other blue tape that's considered the strongest.