Swimming and Hair loss.

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else hate swimming at the beach or pool with Hair loss?Each summer I tell myself don't worry about your hair thinning it's all good,and then when I get to the beach I hate going in the water to expose my hair loss.I will try to find the less populated part of beach to slip in for a dip,but the beach I live near is very popular and people are everywhere and sometimes I chicken out and don't go in for a swim even though it's very hot.Man I hate what Hair Loss has done to me!Sorry I just had to vent.#Frustrated!

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else hate swimming at the beach or pool with Hair loss?Each summer I tell myself don't worry about your hair thinning it's all good,and then when I get to the beach I hate going in the water to expose my hair loss.I will try to find the less populated part of beach to slip in for a dip,but the beach I live near is very popular and people are everywhere and sometimes I chicken out and don't go in for a swim even though it's very hot.Man I hate what Hair Loss has done to me!Sorry I just had to vent.#Frustrated!

I try not to get my hair wet.
I try to hide my receding temples , but when it's really windy or I'm going on a bike ride you can see it, it's so annoying , wish I could live without worries.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Its summer in australia and I used to go to beach alot. Sucks. Been to beach twice so many ****ing hot girls and I can't even swim anymore without being paranoid about my visible scalp and my hairloss isn't even bad yet lol... true baldness will be the end of me..

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Swimming sucks, rain is no picnic either. Bright light sucks. And if you style your hair strategically to hide your loss then wind also sucks. That's life living with hair loss, unless you man up and shave it.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score

I actually got sunburn on my scalp in the Summer of 2014. I knew my hair was thin but I didn't think it would be thin enough for that to happen. That also happened because I cut my hair really short so it was easier for the sunlight to get to my scalp. For the rest of the Summer, I needed to put sunscreen on my head whenever it was sunny and I went out so I wouldn't get sunburn on my scalp again, it was so annoying. I can't imagine what it's like for those who are slick bald.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me a few years ago. I went to sea world and didn't bring a hat. My the end of the day my head was cooked. I just figured it was because my head was buzzed. Little did I know I got burned because I was so bald.

ben760

Established Member
Reaction score
i avoided swimming coz it will reveal my scalp im a diffuse thinner.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm slick bald these days, so the anxiety is thankfully long gone. When I had hair though... Whoa boy. As soon as my hair was visibly thinning, I avoided water like the plague. After showing my scalp looking like someone had dumped nails on the head of a cancer patient. I knew my social and romantic life would suffer if I was seen like that in public.