Sweating more with dutasteride

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a problem. Sweating. Now here in germany the hot days arrived.
My friends do not take finasteride or dutasteride and they need hotter degrees than me to sweat.

I had this problem with finasteride and now with dutasteride almost a bit stronger.

How does this become in the body? Hyperthyroidism?
I will go to my Doctor next week and ask if i can do something against it.

In the winter it is great because i do not freeze much. But in the summer it is bad 8)

Ok, any other people here with same problem?

powersam

Reaction score
very strange.

both finasteride and dutasteride decreased my sweating by a large amount.

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
So did you go and see your doctor about this excess sweating?
Yes. Question has a good timing ;)
Last week i was there and did check my thyroid. Today i got the result: everything normal.

After my holiday i will let check my hormone household. I will write here if it has an effect on my sweating problem.

arrogantprick

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Whenever I workout, after about an hour my shirt is completely soaked with sweat, almost like a took a shower with it on. I've been on dutasteride for almost 2 months now and was on finasteride before that. I didn't notice anything with the finasteride. I doesn't bother me, its just weird.

My only guess why is that dutasteride increases testosterone production, due to dht inhibition.

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score

yeah, i was wondering why i have been sweating so much recently. now i can chalk it up to dutasteride i guess. but its not really a big issue.

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
Shielded said:
I have not noticed any increase in sweating from Dutasteride and I am a sweaty guy already.
Perhaps that is your "advantage" :wink:

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol. Ever since i've taking dutasteride, its become hotter and hotter outside. Do you think there is a correlation between me taking dutasteride and Summer?!?!

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
iamnaked said:
My prognosis is: Summer.
Hmmmm, sadly it is not so easy in my case. Last year i was on finasteride and was on mallorca/spain. This year i was on dutasteride and was at the same place on mallorca. I sweated much more and the temperature was about the same. :cry:

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
wow, i've been on finasteride and i think that i started sweating a lot more this summer than last summer when i was on nothing. apparently others have experienced the same

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacky Hi,

I am new to the forum and am also from Germany (moved here few months back). I see u are using dutasteride... where do you buy dutasteride in Germany....

Shielded

Reaction score
I sweat a lot, I straight up just have hyperhydrosis. I am a decently hair guy on my body and I sweat through my back and armpits a lot (sweat through my back while driving around in heat for long periods of time).

I have noticed that shaving my armpits and my back hair helps dramatically reduce sweating.

And yeah, I am like you...warm during winter, overly hot during summer (it's a good thing I like heat).

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
@Shielded: did you notice a increasement of sweating with dutasteride?

amsterdam

Reaction score
I have been sweating like crazy, but it might just be because it's hot. I have noticed that I sweat more than I use to.

There is a surgery you can get that decreases sweating drastically. I can't remember what is is called, just google excessive sweating surgery.

powersam

Reaction score
i actually sweated far less while i was on dutasteride, it was very noticeable.

DirkNowitzki

Reaction score
PowerSam said:
i actually sweated far less while i was on dutasteride, it was very noticeable.

I concur 110%. I've been using dutasteride for just over two months and have noticed a tremendous reduction in perspiration.