Swallowing Propecia

alecoholics1

Reaction score
ya im a pussy and I can't swallow pills for my life, no matter how small, can I chew these or something?If anyone knows if it is OK, let me know

Back In Time

Established Member
Reaction score
Heck I'm guessing you could pound it into powder and dump it in a glass of water if that's what it takes for ya. I know pregnant women arn't supposed to handle broken tablets of it, but other than that I don't see a problem. I take generic Proscar cut into quarters, and so do a lot of other folks, so I don't think it is too much different from that. Just my opinion.

alecoholics1

Reaction score
so im guessing it wont affect how the pill works in any way??and what is this dissolving it in some kind of drink I hear?that is alrite also?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
alecoholics1 said:
ya im a pussy and I can't swallow pills for my life, no matter how small, can I chew these or something?If anyone knows if it is OK, let me know

I actually RECOMMEND that you do that. Chew it up and swallow it.

Bryan

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Bryan said:
alecoholics1 said:

I actually RECOMMEND that you do that. Chew it up and swallow it.

Bryan

Well my 1/5th of a proscar tab is probably a lot smaller than a 1mg propecia tab - but I just let it dissolve under my tongue. Fincar is a lot less bitter than proscar if anyone's interested :)

shinycap

Reaction score
Dude. Put water in your mouth, then put the pill in, then take a swig of water. Down the hatch. Easy, peasy, Chappaquiddick. You can start with bread pills if you ned to. I guarantee you'll have conquered you pill swallowing problem in one day. 1-day, guaranteed.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
1/4 proscar is like the size of a fruit fly, you'll have no problems sucking the pill down.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
alecoholics1 said:
r u serious?why is that?

I'm serious as a heart attack. I suggest that you chew-up and swallow ALL tablets and capsules, whether they are prescription drugs or just dietary supplements; the only exception would be pills that are specifically designed to be TIME-RELEASE. Those, you do need to swallow whole.

My mother had a very revealing incident once many years ago in which some blood pressure pills she had taken went all the way through her without being absorbed. Her pharmacist at the time was shocked when he heard about it later. I think that may be an under-appreciated problem, so I think everyone should chew-up their tablets and capsules, just in case (again, with the exception of TIME-RELEASE pills). It's not exactly comforting to me that Propecia tablets in particular are manufactured with a protective coating on the outside to reduce the chance of the finasteride being absorbed from handling the pills. Makes me even MORE concerned that a given individual may have trouble absorbing them after swallowing them whole.

Just pop them in your mouth, chomp them into a few pieces, and swallow them down! :)

Bryan