Susccess Using A 50/50 Mixture Of Castor And Coconut Oil

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Prepare for a long read but I promise you it's worth it, as I'm sure a lot of you will relate to my journey, up until I explain the topic of this thread. I'll start off by giving a detailed history of my hair loss and then go in to what seems to be doing amazing things for me.

I'm going to turn 35 next month and I started noticing hair loss in the very front middle of my head at age 24. It rapidly became noticable (literally a hole in the front/middle of my hair line which made me go to a dermatologist, who originally believed I had Alopecia Areata and took a punch biopsy, but it came back negative, positive however for Androgenic Alopecia. I went through severe depression as my hair started to thin throughout (not significantly but noticably enough to me) and a small bald spot began to form in my crown. It took me a year to talk myself in to starting propecia but once I did (midway through the age of 25) the results were instantly amazing and I had full regrowth which continued strong until about 4 years ago, when I started noticing my hair loss getting worse again. In a panik, I immediately started Rogaine hoping to double the effect. I began using the foam but hated that it left a film in my hair so after about 8 months I switched to the liquid, which I honestly like so much better, and I've been using both treatments ever since. I have to admit that although the Rogaine seemed to have stopped the hair loss from progressing any further, it didn't really do much in the regrowth department.

For the last 2 years, I've kept my hair length to between a 1 and a 3 clipper length and actually taught myself to cut my own hair because I've become more and more introverted over the years and I've actually gotten really good at cutting it. By the way, throughout this entire horrible process, I've had bouts of tricotilomania due to an obsession with trying to achieve a thicker looking hair line rather than a natural looking one, which had only caused major depression and made me more and more unsocial.

During all of this time, I've scoured the internet day and night and I've tried everything from dermarolling to onion/garlic/cayenne pepper/aloe concoctions to herbal nonsense but I've never seen even a hint of progress. On some websites I've seen multiple threads about using a 50/50 ratio of natural castor oil and coconut oil for improvimg and even regrowing hair due to the retinoic acid in the oils but never any science to back it up. Well I decided about 6 months ago to start this treatment anyway, while continuing the Rogaine and Propecia treatments, and to this day I apply the mixture to my scalp every 3 days and leave it in for approximately 3-5 hours (usually when I get home from work until I went to bed) and then shampooed it out.

Well for the first time in a very long time, I have my hair at a 5 clipper length (approximately 2 inches) and I'm able to style my hair with gel! I haven't owned hair gel in years! My hair line and overall scalp density is way thicker, my hair is way less waivy and so much more manageable and even the bald spot in my crown is becoming less and less noticeable. I've never taken pictures of my hair throught this process so I can't prove a thing I'm saying so I don't blame anyone who is skeptic, all I can say is if you have run out of all other options and you aren't extremely bald where you still have something to improve upon then try it. Feel free to reach out to me for advice. I honestly believe this technique has worked wonders for me.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure you won't go on recommending a specific brand?

(not trying to be an a**h** but, 2 posts and you come here posting success without pics? well)

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't doubt caster oil is at least semi usefull as a growth stimulant, but damn the lack of pics is disappointing man

Reaction score
I have nothing to prove and I'm not going to name specific brands, I'll just give advice to use 100 % natural products. I never took pics because I never in my wildest dreams planned on calling it a success. I can care less if anyone tries this method because I gain nothing from doing so. I'm just trying to help people out because I know how much hair loss sucks and how hopeless one can feel. It's not a cure by any means but it definitely improved my hair a lot and people who'd give it a try. If you want to be negative and skeptic then so be it but shame on you.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have nothing to prove and I'm not going to name specific brands, I'll just give advice to use 100 % natural products. I never took pics because I never in my wildest dreams planned on calling it a success. I can care less if anyone tries this method because I gain nothing from doing so. I'm just trying to help people out because I know how much hair loss sucks and how hopeless one can feel. It's not a cure by any means but it definitely improved my hair a lot and people who'd give it a try. If you want to be negative and skeptic then so be it but shame on you.
Not at all, I was just being healthily skeptic, as is often needed when battling hairloss. No offense.

How long did you start noticing effects from this mix? You might want to start taking good pics to track your result, and make sure it's not a cosmetic effect. Some people report that castor oil make their hair look cosmetically thicker but not necessarily gaining hair.

It might be due to the fact that you're a diffuse thinner that this is working so well for you. Congrat.

Oso1562

Banned
Reaction score
My hair loss has been weird honestly. I had the loss in the middle of my hair line to start, then the thinning thoughout, followed by the bald spot in the crown (all a normal process I guess). But then I started losing hair on the sides too in wierd patterns. I later found out that Propecia can cause this.
Anyway the results aren't cosmetic, as I'm a psycho when it comes to the quality of my hair ever since I started losing it. Again, I won't say it's a cure because I still have a larger than normal forehead, however my hair throughout has thickened and filled in. Therefore I believe it improves existing hair by making it thicker (which filled in the thinning areas, including my crown) the results are huge as far as thicker hair shafts and more manageable (less waivy) hair but it hasn't grown back the hair below my current hair line. Regardless, the best ones to use are cold pressed castor oil and extra virgin coconut oil.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
@losingmybattle: I sent you a message. Did you receive it?

Oso1562

Banned
Reaction score
Not at all, I was just being healthily skeptic, as is often needed when battling hairloss. No offense.

How long did you start noticing effects from this mix? You might want to start taking good pics to track your result, and make sure it's not a cosmetic effect. Some people report that castor oil make their hair look cosmetically thicker but not necessarily gaining hair.

It might be due to the fact that you're a diffuse thinner that this is working so well for you. Congrat.

The first month or so I was losing more hair but that stopped and I'm now over 6 months in using it 3 times a week and it's thicker than it's been in years. It definitely works but I'm probably having good results because of the fact that I've been on rogaine and propecia for so many years (it kept my hair strong enough to grow with additional help from this mix) it's definitely better than with just rogaine and propecia alone

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
propecia can cause what?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
So would u consider just using Castro oil for a month to see if there are any changes? As long as you shower with warm water you won't have a problem getting the oil out of your hair. Please consider, thanks man.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So would u consider just using Castro oil for a month to see if there are any changes? As long as you shower with warm water you won't have a problem getting the oil out of your hair. Please consider, thanks man.

So you want someone else to change their regimen to test something for you?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
@zorro you are clearly trying to start trouble. But to answer your question the man is on finasteride so I doubt he is gonna lose any ground.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why bother? All you know is it might work to some extent. What does it even mean if OP did stop all other meds and maintained? His response doesn't necessarily apply to others. You have to try it out yourself to see.

worriedguy.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Prepare for a long read but I promise you it's worth it, as I'm sure a lot of you will relate to my journey, up until I explain the topic of this thread. I'll start off by giving a detailed history of my hair loss and then go in to what seems to be doing amazing things for me.

I'm going to turn 35 next month and I started noticing hair loss in the very front middle of my head at age 24. It rapidly became noticable (literally a hole in the front/middle of my hair line which made me go to a dermatologist, who originally believed I had Alopecia Areata and took a punch biopsy, but it came back negative, positive however for Androgenic Alopecia. I went through severe depression as my hair started to thin throughout (not significantly but noticably enough to me) and a small bald spot began to form in my crown. It took me a year to talk myself in to starting propecia but once I did (midway through the age of 25) the results were instantly amazing and I had full regrowth which continued strong until about 4 years ago, when I started noticing my hair loss getting worse again. In a panik, I immediately started Rogaine hoping to double the effect. I began using the foam but hated that it left a film in my hair so after about 8 months I switched to the liquid, which I honestly like so much better, and I've been using both treatments ever since. I have to admit that although the Rogaine seemed to have stopped the hair loss from progressing any further, it didn't really do much in the regrowth department.

For the last 2 years, I've kept my hair length to between a 1 and a 3 clipper length and actually taught myself to cut my own hair because I've become more and more introverted over the years and I've actually gotten really good at cutting it. By the way, throughout this entire horrible process, I've had bouts of tricotilomania due to an obsession with trying to achieve a thicker looking hair line rather than a natural looking one, which had only caused major depression and made me more and more unsocial.

During all of this time, I've scoured the internet day and night and I've tried everything from dermarolling to onion/garlic/cayenne pepper/aloe concoctions to herbal nonsense but I've never seen even a hint of progress. On some websites I've seen multiple threads about using a 50/50 ratio of natural castor oil and coconut oil for improvimg and even regrowing hair due to the retinoic acid in the oils but never any science to back it up. Well I decided about 6 months ago to start this treatment anyway, while continuing the Rogaine and Propecia treatments, and to this day I apply the mixture to my scalp every 3 days and leave it in for approximately 3-5 hours (usually when I get home from work until I went to bed) and then shampooed it out.

Well for the first time in a very long time, I have my hair at a 5 clipper length (approximately 2 inches) and I'm able to style my hair with gel! I haven't owned hair gel in years! My hair line and overall scalp density is way thicker, my hair is way less waivy and so much more manageable and even the bald spot in my crown is becoming less and less noticeable. I've never taken pictures of my hair throught this process so I can't prove a thing I'm saying so I don't blame anyone who is skeptic, all I can say is if you have run out of all other options and you aren't extremely bald where you still have something to improve upon then try it. Feel free to reach out to me for advice. I honestly believe this technique has worked wonders for me.
Hey
I am new here.i don't know if I m going bald or not,but I m worried about my crown.i read your post and just wanted to know if the 50-50 mixture helps on the crown or overall?
I went to dermatologist around 6 mnths back and he doesn't think I have a hair-loss problem.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey
I am new here.i don't know if I m going bald or not,but I m worried about my crown.i read your post and just wanted to know if the 50-50 mixture helps on the crown or overall?
I went to dermatologist around 6 mnths back and he doesn't think I have a hair-loss problem.

Yeah, but you must add prayers every day and biotin. For the best results, prayers in church.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Glad that i could help, bruh.