Surgical Alternatives for Difuse thinners.

eastend

Reaction score
You basically have two choices for surgical method, strip and FUE transplantation. I think what you're actually asking is what's the best surgical strategy for a diffuse thinner - but your pics really don't look bad at all. Have you noticed shedding all of a sudden, or has your hair always had the same density and consistency? How old are you?

In any event, in my opinion, the best surgical strategy for any patient is a dense-packed megasession except in very rare cases. There is a lot of documented medical and anecdotal evidence that says so, but on top of that it makes logical and intuitive sense. Do not get fooled by any clinic that tries to sell you on the idea of "staying ahead of your hairloss" with multiple small, non-dense-packed sessions. You would be asking for a lifetime of misery.

In your case, though, I don't think it's wise for you to think about a transplant just yet. There are some doctors skilled enough to plant between existing hairs, but yours looks quite dense to me, and I think you would be risking shock loss. You should probably do some research on finasteride and decide if it's right for you, then maybe consult a dermatologist (if you are losing hair, and it's not in an male pattern baldness kind of fashion, you might have a different treatable problem).

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
go on google in type in Prothik I have pretty decent scalp coverage but suffer from diffuse thinning i use Prothik and Dermmatch and the results are ridiculous

finallyhair

Reaction score
Don't waste your time or money on something that's not really your hair.
get a hair transplant and stand under bright lights and go swimming then get out of the pool and don't do anything to your hair and still be sure it looks good.
It's a pretty good feeling

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
yea so if you were ok with all of the aforementioned situations then you wouldnt be on this website. Your obviously just as concerned with hairloss as all of us. I swear by the products I use. Its not like the cost a fortune and the potential benefits far outweigh the risks. I used to come on this site every day because I was so concerned with hairloss...this has been my first post in months because i no longer consider myself to be going bald. I use propecia everyday and dermmatch and prothik all the time. All are incredible products

finallyhair

Reaction score
I'm not concerned with Prothick or however it's spelled, my concern is doing away with the problem all together. You could never know because you haven't experienced it YET!! I bet the wrinkles on your forehead are getting more defined because of the length of time you spend in the mirror applying all of your solutions. It's a great feeling to get out of bed and look in the mirror at a thick head of hair that wasn't there last year. I don't use Minoxidil
but I do use Proscar and alot of conditioner for my ultra thich hair. That's it.
Nothing fake and nothing that washes out. Nothing to worry about.
Please don't take offense about the pro- whatever, I'm just trying to help this guy because I feel for him and everyone else with Hair loss and I've spent enough on chemicals. Fact is that he will probably get the pro-stuff and when he still knows that the underlying problem still exists he will finally get hair transplant.
hair transplant mornings :hairy:

Pro-stuff mornings :roll:

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
man you are really digging the transplant option. i'm guessing you got some really good results.