surgery scar

G

NO, all hair transplant will leave some sort of scar I have seen both with my own eyes and they both leave a scar, one is a small thin line and the other is little whit dots all over the place. Keep in mind that both can not be seen under hair.

Jay Tee

Established Member
Reaction score
cueitup said:
so a hair transplant wouldnt be recommended if u keep your hair short and bald?

I had my first hair transplant last year and I am still able to buzz my hair down with a #3 guard without my scar being visible at all. The only time it's even remotely visible is right after I buzz it and wet it (like right after a shower). But even then, you have to really look for it. The scar itself blends in with the fold pattern of my head, so it doesn't stand out or anything. But if you're talking about shaving your head down to the skin, then yes the scar will show.

cueitup

Reaction score
is it worth getting a hair transplant if you will still be noticebly bald with a short buzz cut?

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
If I had to chose, I think I would actually want to have the FUSS, since it leaves a single line. I guess it could be strategically placed to be even less noticeable. With FUE, the scarring results in little white dots which make your hair look kinda moth eaten when you shave it down short.

Be great if they could put hairs on the scar a year after so that it is completely undetectable. anyone heard of high success with this? I read that Dr. Armani won't put hairs on your scar since it isn't effective enough in his opinion. I saw on hairlosshelp I think that some doctors were trying to use body hair to cover the scar.