Surgeons in Ireland?

wild eyed

Reaction score
is there any surgeons in ireland practising some of the better and more advanced techniques of hair transplant? flu etc....

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wild eyed said:
is there any surgeons in ireland practising some of the better and more advanced techniques of hair transplant? flu etc....

flu? Surely you mean FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) or FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction).

wild eyed

Reaction score
yes, fut is what i meant. this is the latest and the best procedure available. am i correct? i found two surgeons in ireland.

Dr. Maurice P. Collins, MD

Address: Suite 28
Blackrock Clinic
Blackrock
City: Co. Dublin
Phone: 353-1-2064242
Fax: 353-1-2064244
Email: mauricecollins@blackrockclinic.com

and

Conor G. Kiely, MD
Address: 10 West Beach

City: Co-Cork
Phone: 353-21-4813655
Fax: 353-21-4812266
Email: info@kielyhealthcare.com

i need feedback from someone who went to this docs.

PJ

Reaction score
Hi wild eyed.

Living in Ireland as well I'm curious about the options available to us. From what I've heard the Blackrock Clinic is the most professional but seems very expensive. I've heard of Kiely but he seems to promote himself to much for my liking. They seem to be the only reputable option available to us unless we go abroad.

seamieog

Reaction score
its an easy choice fellas, well the only one - go to u.s or canada- far cheaper, better surgeons. i went to hasson and wong in canada, 4.5 months out, things beginnin to come in pretty nicely.

do ur research, go to one of the best surgeons, its a big choice ur makin. its only a 6-7 hour flight - and u get a nice trip into the bargain - a no-brainer as the yanks say

wild eyed

Reaction score
america would be a good option, we'll see what happens, i ain't planning anything yet. or not for some time, i'll stick with the big 3 for the time being.

PJ

Reaction score
Hey seamieog,

Are you Irish?. If so it would be great to hear about your experience. Havent heard from any Irishman who's undergone a hair transplant. If you can it would be very useful if you could share some of your the research you've done. Is it actually cheaper to fly to the States for the procedure rather then getting it done at home?.

Docall

Reaction score
Went to Kiely in Cork. Left me with huge doner scar and implanted far less fut's than supposed to. Try blackrock or outside country. :-x

s.a.f

Reaction score
Dont go anywhere in the UK! Believe me I've been butchered here and then researched there are simply no great surgeons here. Sorry but if you're going to get work done travel to the U.S or canada. A hair transplant is for life dont be afraid to get on a plane to get decent results.

maol2006

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Dont go anywhere in the UK! Believe me I've been butchered here and then researched there are simply no great surgeons here. Sorry but if you're going to get work done travel to the U.S or canada. A hair transplant is for life dont be afraid to get on a plane to get decent results.

I've been to Dr Rogers of Stratford. Still awaiting the full results, but certainly nothing freakish. (Also deserves credit for avoiding hard sell techniques.)

To the 'Celtic brothers': Scotland, unlike Ireland, seems to be a 'blasted heath' for hair transplant surgeons. Maybe if we go independent we'll have the right to be butchered by our own people? :lol:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Rogers is considered the best in the uk but thats just because he's not a butcher like most, but he's not in the same league as the top u.s and canadian surgeons.