surfer123's story - (23, Male. Feedback much appreciated)

surfer123

Reaction score
Hi. Greetings to fellow board members. Here's my story.

My hair loss was triggered about 1 and a half years ago when I was studying in another country...poor diet, high stress lifestyle. Chronic lack of sleep for certain periods too.

I remember seeing bunches of hair on the floor when showering. It came to the point where the hair on front and top of the scalp became diffuse. Stayed at a very low level of 'length' ie not much overall growth in terms of length. I didn't do anything about it. Recently I started a multivitamin and biotin supplements, the hair is regrowing but it's the hair that was already 'there' that seems to grow. I have yet to see much, if any growth in the diffuse 'points'. It's been about 3 months now.

Does hair 'regrow' this way in male pattern baldness? Ie some of your hair hits a certain low length, you add supplements and they increase in length again?

Or is this more likely telogen effluvium? Blood work came out ok. The hairs I lose seem to be of all lengths and thickness, though since starting the supplements the lost hair seem to be longer and thicker in length.

Regards and thanks for any feedback. I'm not asking for an accurate diagnosis, just any feedback based on the experiences of you guys.

Thanks