Supe's Story - (19 / male pattern baldness or just thin hair?)

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thyroid.

Post these pictures at the forum I mentioned.

adipose

Reaction score
hi supe i studied ur story even i faced same problem, i consulted a dermatologist he prescribed me a medicine that contain minoxidil and alcohol, along with the minoxidil drug he gave me a multivitamin tablets along with above medicine i started taking ensure drink (abbots) i used this process for 6 months then i started seeing small white hair on those areas where i lost the hair then i made complete hair cut and started doing hair massage with above said process and maintained the cur 3 months, after ward i see wonders on my head i had a new hair which is strong and thick, i still continue to take minoxidil and ensure drink, but stopped takiing multivitamin tablets. Hope this will help u all the best.

Supe

Reaction score
Visited my doctor again, and he just told me to start taking propecia.

But now I'm seeing that it isn't male pattern baldness so what should I do? Something has to be done.

Supe

Reaction score
Anyone?

My barber told me it's not male pattern baldness because it's thin on the sides as well. Something else is causing.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks and sounds like male pattern baldness to me, especially with nothing coming back from any of the tests.
You already have the early formation of the horse shoe, that says to me it's male pattern baldness even though your hair is thinning on the sides a bit too (even this happens with male pattern baldness though, just not usually at the same rate).

I'd get on the big 3 personally and stop wasting time looking for something that isn't there. But that's just me.

Supe

Reaction score
The big three is propecia, nizoral shampoo, and rogaine, right?

Do I use them everyday?

Supe

Reaction score
Would Nizoral by itself do any good? I really don't want to take propecia or use rogaine.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
It's definitely male pattern baldness.

Get on Propecia, stop worrying.

How can you be so sure?. You can't just diagnose M.P.B for every hair loss case.

Supe

Reaction score
I've been posting on immortal forum and haven't really gotten any answers bro.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
decro435 said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:
It's definitely male pattern baldness.

Get on Propecia, stop worrying.

How can you be so sure?. You can't just diagnose M.P.B for every hair loss case.

When you're losing hair on the top of your head like that, its male pattern baldness.

Most Telogen Effluvium people have hair loss either ALL OVER or in certain spots.

He's one of the ones who keeps his hairline as his hair diffuses.

Supe

Reaction score
Tiger's Bald Spot said:
Hey Supe,

Have the sides of your head thinned as well? Meaning, the hair above your ears, which is normally thick even on completely bald men. It's hard to tell, but it appeared that way from one of the pictures.

If the sides of your hair have thinned, then something other, or in addition to, male pattern baldness may be going on. Given your age, you should go to another dermatologist to see whether they can assess what's going on.

If it happens that you're just in the early stages of ordinary male pattern baldness, then, if you absolutely want to treat your condition, finasteride (Propecia) is your best bet. Your dermatologist can prescribe that for you. Minoxidil may help, but it won't fix it on its own, and you must continue using it to continue experiencing results.

Stay away from that hair club. They are trying to rip you off. Your yearly costs on finasteride should be only a few hundred dollars.

Bumping this quote back up. My sides are thin as well. Any idea what it is?

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks to me like you're thinning all over... But you already got your thyroid checked out? Strange... I don't know what else it could be...

Do you have the option of seeing a dermatologist?

Supe

Reaction score
monitoradiation said:
It looks to me like you're thinning all over... But you already got your thyroid checked out? Strange... I don't know what else it could be...

Do you have the option of seeing a dermatologist?

I saw one. They did a scalp biopsy and they told me it's temporary and it'll grow back. But it hasn't?

Cass1

Reaction score
FSHGLD said:
Dude that hairclub sound like they're SERIOUSLY trying to scam you. Out of what they've offered you, minoxidil is by far the most important component and you can get a generic brand of it really cheaply. It sounds like they're trying to charge you a 2000% commission for easily available ingredients. Also, there's absolutely no way you'll be totally bald in six months. I'd say the chances of you being totally bald before 25 even if you do nothing are fairly slim.
Spend a bit of time researching the treatments available and take action when you feel ready (though obviously the longer you wait, the less hair you're likely to keep).

Hello,

I just started using this stuff. It is SO expensive. They say I really only need it for a year but then what?> Will I be cured? How can I stop this forever and is there a cheaper solution? Have I been swindled. Where exactly can you buy the same thing and if I should see a doctor...what kind?

Thank you for any and all comments!