Super confused with application of liquid minoxidil on hairline

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've officially purchased my first hairloss product, generic liquid minoxidil, and I'm finding the application process to be pretty frustrating. So much of it just runs right down my face, and getting it to sit on the bald spots on my temples is particularly challenging. I ended up using like 3-4ml until I was satisfied that it was somewhat "resting" on the whole hairline area, and I don't want to set that precedent, as the recommended amount per application is just 1 ml. It may be partly because I'm just starting, and I'll hopefully get better at the whole process the more I do it, but I'd really like to get some input and make sure I'm doing it correctly before I waist my time. Is the foam perhaps a better option for hairline application? I went with the liquid because it's supposedly more effective, but if it's not even staying where it's supposed to the effectiveness is irrelevant anyway.

Any help would be appreciated. The only tutorial videos I can seem to find for liquid minoxidil are for application to the crown, not the hairline.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont use rogaine but ive heard the foam is easier and dries faster. Might help...

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found the foam to be even worse than the liquid for running down my face. I apply about 1 third of a ml to each temple. And another third to the middle. That works ok. You may also might want to look into using a 15% concentration and using less of it. The 15% is a bit thicker and stickier than 5%.

Fall

Reaction score
Did you try to use your fingers to massage or rub it in? I think that is actually the recommended way of doing it. I would put the lotion on the scalp and then try to massage as fast as possible after that.