Sunless Tanners

brucewillis25

Reaction score
Anyone ever use sunless tanners on their scalp? I'm considering it because I'm thinning on top and my scalp is so white looking. I have brown hair so I think a tan scalp would be less of a contrast than a white scalp with brown hair. What do you think?

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking it would be difficult to apply if you are a diffuse thinner, but maybe worth giving it a go, less skin/hair contrast certainly makes thinning less noticeable.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Just go to a tanning booth. You don't get cancer if you do it infrequently. They also have spray tanning now. It takes like a minute and since there's no UV, there's no risk of any damage.

D.

G

drinkrum said:
Just go to a tanning booth. You don't get cancer if you do it infrequently. They also have spray tanning now. It takes like a minute and since there's no UV, there's no risk of any damage.

D.

You just come out looking like an oompah-loompah.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When it comes to keeping your precious locks that you've already got, I'd think second to whatever you put on your scalp. How will the sunless tanner affect your scalp?

brucewillis25

Reaction score
That's what I'm wondering... How will the chemicals in a sunless tanner affect the scalp and hair. I was hoping someone else was already a guinea pig. :D

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys, a new pill is set to hit the market around 2007 called Melanotan®

it will keep you perma-ten just by taking a pill, hopefully the sides wont turn out to be too bad

very excited about this

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
Gilgamesh said:

it will keep you perma-ten just by taking a pill, hopefully the sides wont turn out to be too bad

very excited about this
Think you can keep you nuts in tact till then? :) :) :)

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
MidnightFlyer said:
Gilgamesh said:

very excited about this
Think you can keep you nuts in tact till then? :) :) :)
lol

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wouldent do it if I were you. Those tan creams are unrealistic. They make you look like a yellow iceblock. Very nasty looking.

Apparently there is something called melanotan comming out which you inject or swallow and it increases melanin production.

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've also been watching Melanotan. It basically causes all of your skin to produce a natural tan by using a synthetic hormone mimic. I think baldness or shaved heads will look even better if the face and scalp are nicely tanned.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
Brandon Mthson said:
Yeah, I've also been watching Melanotan. It basically causes all of your skin to produce a natural tan by using a synthetic hormone mimic. I think baldness or shaved heads will look even better if the face and scalp are nicely tanned.

i am so excited about this: this is one of the best things that could ever come out short of HM

i would look soooo much better tanned, but i had a family member with melanoma and im high risk factor

Petchsky

Reaction score
Interesting...Anyone know what the side effects are? Probably find out in 5 years it gives you cancer, but then again, what don't?

VanGundy

Reaction score
Interesting...Anyone know what the side effects are?

Turning into Michael Jackson before he got white

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
side effects

I don't have any references handy, but the side effects haven't been anything too serious.. something like a small amount of participants have experienced mild hives or stomach sickness. It's been being tested for more than 10 years, such as at Arizona State University, and they're still working things out with it, including testing different delivery methods, such as an injection or a small implant placed under the skin that slowly secretes it. The original version discovered, in addition to making people tan, also had the effects of causing people to lose weight and to suffer from spontaneous erections (I'm serious). They've split that original version into two drugs, one being melanotan.

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanotan

Petchsky

Reaction score
Thanks, the side effects don't sound that bad.